2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rocker panels :: update April 7/06 (56k warning)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Tani1500
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rocker panels

looks good man, im glad i inspired you i might be getting mine done but i dont know when. 800 seems kind high though when i heard guy where getting it done for 300 or did you get the bed done too?

Old 04-08-2006, 01:41 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i admit it was high,but they are the only place around. .and I didnt feel like waiting another several months..
rainy season is upon us soon.

i had the box slow sprayed (slower dry time, more texture) in edmonton, alberta at place called truck outfitters.. they did a decent job for $580can, over the rails and longbox.

they dont do rockers, i was hoping they did.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:22 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Biggest thing I see on Dodge's is the seam at the lower edge of door isn't sealed at the factory, begins to rust on the inside, by the time you figure it out, its already bubbled thru the lower rocker. I just had mine sandblasted and painted and sealed and filled with oil, and as soon as weather is nice Im going to put the lining sealant on bottom of door.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker

the door seal at the bottom, or the shopping cart bumper seal?

I've noticed that when I wash the truck it did leak through at the bottom of the door...
the spray they did was more or less covering that bottom door seal., i wont know for a few more days after I wash her again.

thanks for the heads up.,. I really appreciate it.

Old 04-09-2006, 05:30 AM
dflyboy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, my truck has the spray on rockers and i love it. If you can you should try to get it sprayed with a low velocity spray if possible, it kinda makes for a smother finish... not as bumpy. mine is the same color as the truck too so most people dont even notice it. I'd take a closer pic but my camera is in my buds truck.

Old 04-09-2006, 06:08 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker

thanks for the suggestion, I used low Velocity spray for my boxliner. It gives it a nice smoother texture.. very grippy, even in the past winter.

as for the paint colors,. most of the spray rockers are the same color, but I used black so that I would have a real two tone Dodge, which up here is rarer, as they only use chrome.

I figure the Dodge stripes next though. any rejections?

after that, Im getting a smittybuilt onepiece brush guard.

Quick Reply: rocker panels :: update April 7/06 (56k warning)