2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

???? PLUGS & WIRES

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 12:54 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ???? PLUGS & WIRES

ORIGINAL: Racinfan83
PUT THE TB SPACER DOWN, AND SLOWLY WALK AWAY..............SEND IT BACK TO WHERE IT CAME FROM....QUICKLY!!!!!![sm=boink3.gif]
Or melt it down and fashion it into something useful...like a $60 (EDIT, excuse me...$90 [>:]) paper weight. [8D] Melting it down is optional...I personally think they're a little too big AS-IS for that job

Old 03-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

ORIGINAL: shott8283

i couldnt agree more!!!! i bought a set of 60$ bosche wires that started to wear out and arc after 15,000 miles... now i got the MSD wires and they are nice!!! look perrrrty too!... dont skimp on parts... unless you have no other choice!!! id suggest using the SEARCH option and start reading ... this forum/website has an UNBELEIVABLE amount of information... id say (and some would agree) that this site is worth more then any dodge dealership... i forgot how many times i went to a stealership and they tell me a load of bullsnot that would cost me loads...
Like we said - DON'T BUY THE CHEAPEST STUFF! One thing about "doing it yourself" is that you can buy better parts and more parts with the money you save BY doing it yourself! More Monnnnnneyyyyyyyy=More Mooodddddddssssssssss GOOOOOOOOD!

Old 03-24-2006, 03:27 PM
rockdodger

Thanks alot folks. This is great.
I'm returning the TBS. Gonna get some other stuff.

Why autolite 3923 for plugs? I'm a little gullible when i'm told that something is good and it may not be. I bought some Bosch Platinums for my truck because I was told they would be great for my truck and improve mileage. CRAP?????? OR not????????

What kind of plug wires should I be looking for. Specs too please.

What about the cap and rotor?

I really appreciate al the help from you folks.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:38 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

any super fancy plugs like the platnums 2s or 3s or 4s dont do you any more gooder then the regular autolites... the only thing they do better for ya is empty your wallet faster... money well spend on certain things money well waisted on alot of others... whatever the dip****s told you at autobone .. dont listen!!! they are just trying to sell you more expensive crap!!!!! id retrun them boshes and gets ome autolites... the wallet will thank you...so will the truck

Old 03-24-2006, 03:57 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

MSD 9mm wires for sure

and definatley the autolite plugs. I ran all sorts of plugs and they performed the best by far

Old 03-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Sehr916
Veteran

Hi, I just replaced my stock wires with MSD 8.5 MM and NGK V-Power plugs. The previous owner had stock mopar wires and those weird 4 electrode bosch plugs and let me tell you how much of a difference all this made. The added power from the new plugs and wires, the easy starts and the smooth acceleration is amazing. Rockdodger as far as cap and rotor go, I would also change that. While changing my wires i notced the middle terminal where the wire from the coil connects was corroded. It will definetly be worth the few extra dollars.

As for my question, what is better about brass terminals on a rotor cap? I just ordered a MOPAR replacement from summit. Thanks and i hoped my input helped.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: GOD RAM IT

MSD 9mm wires for sure

and definatley the autolite plugs. I ran all sorts of plugs and they performed the best by far
Can you run 9mm wires with the stock ignition, and if so what would be the benefit? I run the Mopar Performance 7.5mm, but have wondered if 8mm, 8.5mm, or 9mm would be better, but my ignition is all still stock (just a brass cap and rotor, but no Blaster coil or MSD ignition).

Old 03-24-2006, 06:32 PM
eslock

god ram it what kind of autolites you using ?

Old 03-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

I have the MSD Superconductor 8.5mm wires with a stock ignition and they work great. MSD part #32189....

Bosch plugs SUCK!

Old 03-24-2006, 10:39 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Ditto on the Bosch. One electrode, two electrode, three electrode, four......

Quick Reply: ???? PLUGS & WIRES