2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

where is cam sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
fourdaywillie
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: where is cam sensor

I ended up calling the dealer and they said it was called a "distibutor pick up coil" and it is under the rotor. Twice the cost from autozone though. SO if you go to any parts store looking for a cam sensor for this model ask for the distributor pick up coil. Glad that is over. Thanks for all of your help to all who responed. Hopefully I can return the favor.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:39 PM
fourdaywillie
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: where is cam sensor

Just an update, I finally had time to pick up the parts. I did a complete tune up since you have to take the dist. cap and rotor off. Once they are off the distributor pick up coil just sits in the housing, no screws, unplug it set the new p/u coil in, dielectric grease the connector and plug in, install the rotor and cap, changed the wires and plugs and she purrs like a kitten. Thanks for all your help..

Quick Reply: where is cam sensor