2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A 3rd Gen CTD caught our eye tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:56 PM
tjtim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A 3rd Gen CTD caught our eye tonight...

Nice looking truck but looks can be decieving, first I would wonder why such a new vehicle has the front repainted with flames-----usually a sign of front end accident, or it could be someone liked flamed fronts----second the lift and third the bald tires----all put together seems to me somone is trying to make it look good and did a hurry job after a wreck and stuck it on a lot for sale............. I could be wrong but after many years in the auto business those are a few tricks of the trade I noticed right off-----I would be very careful on that rig---my two cent's

Tim

Old 03-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Seems wierd if it was in a wreck that they'd spend alot extra to have flames painted [&:] Usually when your in a wreck you just want it to be the same way it was, for as cheap as possible.

Run a CarFax see what you get.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:40 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

When I bought my ram I brought up the bald tires and the guy said they have to have atleast x amount of tread to pass inspection for state law.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:51 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

forget tryin to get new tires-- buy it as is, then have some fun doin burnouts for a while then buy whichever tires you want

when i bought my truck it had bald street tires on it. i drove on them as long as i could just so i could keep doin burnouts. then it got to be TOO bald and got new ones. ha. but yea bald tires can be fun.

Quick Reply: A 3rd Gen CTD caught our eye tonight...