2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Found new site with Plenum Fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Found new site with Plenum Fix

I have a few parts from Hughes goin in this year.
ARP head studs, main studs, main girdle and 55mm billet tb. I also have a 1828 cam from them but its too small for my 408 so I ordered the biggest custom grind I can get from Comp Cams instead. Good buddy has the RT2.02s with StgII port work on his Indy. Picked up some good hp with them.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:22 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: shott8283

lol i wish that were true... my 2001 5.9L was blown so bad i was down a quart after 3000 miles lol... thats who i went with for my fix,,,hughes,,, them guys are awesome to do business with... wicked fast shipping and the products they sent me were outstanding... prolly gonna go with hughes when i do my heads ... im gonna call them to see if they make any RR's for the magnums... if so id send them more of my money
A Dodge mechanic told me that....2001 or 2002. He said he wasn't sure which. Must have been 2002 or total BS. Hughes makes (or sells anyway) roller rockers, but they only carry 1.6's last time I checked. If you ask Kent or Dave about 1.7's, they will probably try to sell you 1.6's and a cam. You can't beat those heads. They outflow R/T's at a fraction of the cost:

http://www.hughesengines.com/heads/hd_magnum_heads.asp

I noticed a huge difference from ~3k on up after I slapped them on.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Good plan on doing your t-chain while your doing your intake. Theres only about 6-8 bolts that need to come off to get to the t-chain!

Also ask Steve about modding your stuck intake, its really easy. I haven't gotten around to doing mine yet [:'(]

Old 03-31-2006, 05:46 AM
tib2001
Rookie

ORIGINAL: shott8283

lol i wish that were true... my 2001 5.9L was blown so bad i was down a quart after 3000 miles lol... thats who i went with for my fix,,,hughes,,, them guys are awesome to do business with... wicked fast shipping and the products they sent me were outstanding... prolly gonna go with hughes when i do my heads ... im gonna call them to see if they make any RR's for the magnums... if so id send them more of my money
wow, mine was down a quart and a half after 500 miles.....

Old 03-31-2006, 06:04 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

guess i should consider myself lucky then..glad i got to it when i did though... i think when i do the heads ill be doing the tchain then too... since i was tooo retarded to orderd a new chain to begin with.. helll... atleast i can stretch the snot out of this one before then... motor work is on hold... time for some suspension fun!!!!

thats who i talked with .. dave.. when i orderd my plenum kit.. awesome dude to chat with... i figured by the time im ready to dump money into the heads they might have the 1.7's ready... last time i knew they only had the 1.6's witch is the same as stock ( i think.. or 1.5s) but in a RR instead of tapped stamped junk... and at the same time im think roller lifters too..(means ill have to have a roller cam, so wich i want to keep the stock cam ..but just as a roller instead of a tappet, gonna talk to them about there regrind to see if thats an optin..to have a stocker reground into a roller instead of tappet...save some $$ that way).. gona talk with hughes for some insihgt on them too...this will all hopefully be before the dyno

Quick Reply: Found new site with Plenum Fix