2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How do you do your burn out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006 | 01:37 AM
JustinJohnson86
|
Captain
Default How do you do your burn out?

Just wondering how yall do burnouts... (I wish this coulda been a poll)

Power Brake?
Line Locks?
just punch it?

I Used to powerbrake on my old chevy, but then i blew the brake cylinders =/

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:01 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: How do you do your burn out?

I dont burn out...

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:06 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

Put it it neutral, floor it, then drop it into Drive........j/k drive it nicely now that its got a new TC.

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:24 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

ive dropped it from neutral and powerbraked before.

for turns, i just go into teh turn slowly then punch it, and sometimes end up facing the wrong direction.

all that fun stopped with mud terrains though.

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:34 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: muddy_blue_dodge

ive dropped it from neutral and powerbraked before.

for turns, i just go into teh turn slowly then punch it, and sometimes end up facing the wrong direction.

all that fun stopped with mud terrains though.

hahaha yeah i suppose it would be hard for that 318 to get those 33"ers spinning good....j/k about the neutral to drive thing, im too chicken to try anything like that.....by the way nice offroad pics on the cardomain sight

haha yeah i suppose it would be hard to get that 318 to get those

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:38 AM
shott8283

line lock? please explain.. sounds fun

before the mods id tap the brake slightly and goose the snot out of the pedal and would spin all day... now i just goose the snot out of the pedal and itll break and spin .. ill start going forward pretty quick..especially when it starts to shift gears..everynow and then ill have to tap the brakes to keep it from creapin.. that was with my 4.10's and 265's im sure it will all change when i go to bigger tires... that just means ill need more power but with the new tires im gonna try to hold off the spinning... pppfffffffff thatll hapen lol

if im at a corner, or stopsighn and making a left or right ill crank the wheel all the way over and smash the gas and ill spin all the way around ... ill donut for mabye 1 1/2 turns and itll will hook up violently ... prolly tearin the hell out of my clutchpacks and pissin off my 4.10s when i do that... i dont try and "donut" on dry pavement often at all... if i wanna roast em' itll be a straight line on a backroad/farm road with no traffic/no cops..

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:42 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

jnelly- im convinced that the 318 would light up 33s.

i end up spinnin them in the rain when im goin around turns without meaning too- i know its the rain, but it does it so easily im sure i could break them loose with powerbreaking on dry pavement. id love to try it, but i saved up so long for those tires i want them to last a while.

im still kicking myself for never takin pics of my doin burnouts/donuts. i used to do them daily before football practice. haha then one time i was doin them (in the parkin lot) and saw a cop drive by. he didnt turn it but it got my heart to stop for a few minutes ha.

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:52 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran

I can roast my 33s without any difficulties on my truck. Mostly because procomp xterrains suck.

I dont do burnouts anymore, its too dam expensive

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:57 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

i dont peel out much any more...now i go Titan hunting. When i used to i would power brake the crap out of it and get those tires smoking and screaming. They called me Cheech for a while after that because of all the smoke that used to come off of my tires but i decided not to do that any more. It's funny because i have the QC Hemi 03 and a kid with an 04 Titan single cab is slower than me, and can't peel out (open rear end). We raced from a 35 mph roll once and i had it in 2nd gear without him knowing so my transmission didnt have to shift so i just took off like all hell. By the time we hit the next light/finish line we were going over 90mph. I smoked his ***...haha...Cheech by name, Cheech by nature, that boy got smoked. My friend was standing with me before we raced and he looked at that Titan and said "Dude, kiss my *** and while ur down there, spread em cuz ur about to get done!" That boy was owned like a BITCH!!!

Old 03-31-2006 | 02:58 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

muddyblue----HAHA close call....

I wouldnt doubt you could smoke ur tires....my dakota had extra wides on it with the 318 and it would burn like it was nobody's business, also i can definatly understand not wanting to roast those mudders hahaha. I had an experience b4 a football practice too haha, back in highschool my senior year one day me and some buddies were whipping reverse cookies (just being dumb and stupid) in my 94' Lebaron GTC convertible and the cop drove by, just pointed his finger at us and shook his head (local small town cop). Heart was pumping though, i shoulda got exhibition driveing. (Reverse ****ties were so wicked that my tires melted parts of the plastic wheel well liners. hahaha[8D]

Quick Reply: How do you do your burn out?