2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hypertech Installed Last Night - Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006 | 08:08 PM
miknwv
Veteran
Default RE: Hypertech Installed Last Night - Worth It?

thanks mo.....after looking i did find something that said waht the death flash was so i searched for the location of a PCM to see if it had the updated software sticker....it is my understanding that the PCM is located on the passenger side under the hood but....cant find an exact location anywhere...so i guess my next stupid question is....where is the damn thing hidden at under the hood? lol

Old 05-15-2006 | 09:04 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

i think i saw mine mounted on the firewall on the passenger side near the top.. should be a barcode or something on it.. i have 3:55's with 285's and i tack about 2100 at 70 mph.. pretty good i guess.. when i took my hypertech off to get my truck serviced.. i really did notice a power loss.. when i put it on i never really felt a real gain but after running it for 2 months and feeling it without it.. i was glad to finally get it installed again

Old 05-15-2006 | 09:26 PM
miknwv
Veteran

aah, finally found it....it says software upgrade or something... so when reprogram it with the hypertech i should notice a purty big difference huh.... to those guys that had the death flash and reprogrammed it, what type of MPG and power difference did you notice?

Quick Reply: Hypertech Installed Last Night - Worth It?