2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best way to put on body lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 01:19 AM
2big2dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to put on body lift

Whats the best way to do a body lift at home? thinkin bout gettin the 3" performance accessories.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: Best way to put on body lift

You need a jack and some blocks of wood. Undo one side of the bed and lift it with the jack and wood blocks just until the blocks fit and slide the bolts in (That parts a pita lining the holes up) once the bolts are in thread them in a bit (do not tighten) Then do the same for the next side. Tighten the bed down. For the cab remove the bumper (unfortunitially a must) also the steering shaft, and linkages. Pretty much do the samre thing as back.

The kits come with really detailed directions.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:15 AM
iamjonnyr
Rookie

make sure you have lots of friends to help... makes things go extremely smooth.

the lift should come with very detailed instructions (as stated above)

its actually pretty easy.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Chopper1
All Star

Put mine on in a weekend taking my time being ****.... Regular tools, floor jack to lift body, torque wrench. Dealer said the body bolts torque to 60ft/lbs. Needed a friend to help hold the bumpers for alignment and to mark the holes in the rear. While he was there I had him set the rear blocks in place under the bed while I held one side up at a time. As stated before, instructions are good. Watch the tension on the wires across the rear top of engine compartment, needed to loosen the ty-raps and lower the loom to allow for engine movement.

Quick Reply: Best way to put on body lift