2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

keepin it

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:17 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keepin it

a few of yall may remember that about a month ago i decided to sell my truck for gas mileage reasons.

well i finally decided to keep it after all. i realized that no matter what i get after this i wont be happy with it (in comparison)

i guess i finally came back to my senses; i couldnt part with this truck!!!! so yea im stickin around........

so im gonna try to get back on schedule with my mods, try to have it lifted by the end of the summer, and exhaust within a month or so hopefully!!

Old 05-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: keepin it

GOOOD!!! I know what you feel. I actually went as far as getting for sale sings and driving around with them for like a week Then I came to my sences and was like "I LOVE MY TRUCK!!"

Old 05-07-2006, 07:23 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

yea i had the for sale sign in also. o well. the gas still sucks but ill find ways to deal with that. carpool to school, etc. im just glad i chose to keep it. gives me a sense of relief haha

(and its fun to start thinkin about differnt things to do to it again)

Old 05-07-2006, 09:28 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

glad to hear it.

the only way you'd be happy is if you got a newer dodge. not gonna help the gas mileage anyhow.

yeah by the time summer starts, in june for me, gas is gonna be over $4 here... guess i'll have to pull the bike outta the garage.

Old 05-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Scottr1110
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have come to a point where i dont care about gas mileage i would rather have my beefy v-8 than a little 4 banger

Old 05-07-2006, 11:38 PM
mikecjn
Professional

Glad to hear.
I was really surprised when you decided to sell it knowing how much you like the truck.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

While I am glad deciding to keep your truck is making you happy, make sure you do something to help yourself. I got rid of my truck not because I wanted to but because I couldnt keep it financially. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is often the most hardest. You enjoy your truck, but ask yourself this.....do you enjoy having money to spend on other things? You're still living at home with Mom & Dad so you can afford to not worry so much like the rest of us. However, at some point you will have to make a serious decision as to whether to keep it or get rid of it.

The only other alternative would be to find some little dinky 4banger to ride around in during the week and keep the truck for strictly 4-wheelin...

My 01 Dakota was the best vehicle I've owned, and while I love the R/T.....its not as much fun as lighting the tires up on a V8 and hearing it purr.....but I also have bills to pay and things I want in life...that are a lil bit more important then keeping a truck....

Old 05-08-2006, 12:50 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

yes, i know there are. you said yourself 'your still living at home with mom and dad so you can afford to not worry'...... that is precisely why im keeping it!! i dont have to worry about paying bills yet.

i figure i wont be able to have an unreasonable vehicle later in life (when supporting myself) so i may as well have it now, while i can enjoy it.

trust me ive thought this all through, a hundred times (every night tryin to go to sleep) and i know that it seems like a typical stupid teenager mistake, but i will sell it when i NEED to

Old 05-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Tani1500
Champion

well im glad you got you head out of your a$$ and realized what you were thinking haha

Old 05-08-2006, 01:12 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Hey i have a better idea than downsizing...how bout the gas companies stop ****ing us all over

Quick Reply: keepin it