2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magnetic Oil filter wrap results and pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Chopper1
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magnetic Oil filter wrap results and pictures

By searching for the flow direction through the filter, it appears that the oil goes in through the outer holes and back to the engine through the center hole. It seems that if the magnet is on the outside, than the only stuff it will help with is stuff that has less micron than the filter. So I guess my question would be. How much of the particles would have made it through the filter?

[IMG]local://upfiles/29187/EB55CE3F7F9F488D821DBE128D190D07.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
zeekxxx
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping this one up from the dead.

Its been a few years now since I put the filter mag on my truck. The truck has been sold but I remembered to yank off the mag lol.

But the once on my wifes car has been going strong. (dodge intrepid)

I open up the filter about once a year and the thing is still pulling particles out like the day it was new.

This was a great investment all the way around.

Glad to see my post is still here. Things like this are important for you guys who want your truck to last longer than your wife stays married to you lol.

Ron

Quick Reply: Magnetic Oil filter wrap results and pictures