2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

brakes scare

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 10:00 PM
01RamSport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: brakes scare

Yeah I almost rear ended some dude once, and my brakes went on hard, sorta stopped then came back on...I thought I was sliding at first but I didnt hear squealing or nothing I was real puzzled but if it happens to you guys to and you say that its the RWAL working...then I have nothing to worry about

Old 05-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: muddy_blue_dodge

so today i was drivin and had one of those in between situations with a light turning green to yellow..... instead of risking running it, i got on the brakes really hard. once the brake pedal was depressed about half way or so i lost all braking power for a split second, before the power came back and i luckily stopped in time. any ideas what this might be?? the brakes where not changed recently so its not a badly bled system or anything like that.... any thoughts?
it is legal to run a yellow, if you have no chance of stopping safely.

for the braking, it sounds like the abs just overloaded., i've had it happen a couple times on me.. luckily I wasnt goofing off too much.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:16 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The RWAL on 1994-1995 have had problems.
This article is well worth a read.

http://web.archive.org/web/200002261...cv/0298cap.htm

Old 05-23-2006, 04:14 PM
DuranguenzeRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have had the same issue on mine when i ride the brakes in a pinch always never had problems when replacing it has to be the rear anti lock working because you can feel the vibration once it slows down

Quick Reply: brakes scare