2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

audio question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 12:12 AM
DODGERAM808
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: audio question

i have a pioneer premier deh-p8 HU, soundstream tweeters mounted on the a pillars, a pair of sony x-plode 6x9's in the doors, which i really dont recomend getting. and a 250x2 kenwood powering those. and for subs i have 3 12" jl audios in place of the rear seat and a 1000x1 audiobahn for the subs. it pounds and sounds great.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:35 AM
izzkidioto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I got that depth backwards...the sub will be firing forward in the middle of the seat, and extra volume will be from under the seat. I will probably go with that setup, as I want to do some fiberglass work anyways. I can't thank you all enough for all of the information you have provided. Those boxes are great, but for my specific needs, are not exactly what I was looking for.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:06 AM
WhiteBuffalo

Hmmm... this thread got me thinkin'.....

a pair of 8's in an iso-bandpass box, center console, ported downward!

Gonna stick my 12's in my Concorde. There's just not enough room for 12's in these trucks anyways.... but if I didn't have kids, that'd be another matter altogether (rip the back seat out, but in a pair of 15's! )

Old 06-04-2006, 04:40 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Yes if I had an extended cab 15's!!!!!!!!!!!!! RE MT's!!! I built a sealed box where my middle seat was. It turned out pretty good. What 8's are you gona run?????

Old 06-04-2006, 02:58 PM
WhiteBuffalo

ORIGINAL: habeba86

Yes if I had an extended cab 15's!!!!!!!!!!!!! RE MT's!!! I built a sealed box where my middle seat was. It turned out pretty good. What 8's are you gona run?????

I dunno. I haven't bought speakers in about 12 years, so I'm a little behind on the current technology. Having designed numerous boxes in my time, thought, I do know that you can get just as good, if not better, sound from a $35 speaker as you can from a $150 speaker, it's all in the box design. I'll probablly try to keep it simple, nothing too expensive. I'll just have to get some specs and see whatever accomodates my truck's lack of space the best...

Old 06-04-2006, 05:44 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

yeah sounds cool dude me personally i like the smaller subs cause of the response and i don't listen to much low bass rap crap. it's all about what you want to listen to. or compete with if you do that kind of thing...

Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 PM
DPR250R
Professional

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not but this is my setup....

I have JL Stealthbox which replaces the middle seat... It really like it....

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1436

I had 6.5 alpine components in my doors but just order these...

http://www.cdtaudio.com/6x9_series.htm

6X9 components for the doors... should fit right in with no mods...

CDT 5.25 in the rear....

300/4 Powering the Front and Rear speakers

250/1 Powering the sub....

Sounds good but I have no other Rams to compare it to...

Old 06-05-2006, 12:19 PM
DPR250R
Professional

Ohh.. just saw you already looked at the stealthbox...

Just so you know they do not sell just the box... you have to buy it complete with the sub... At least that is what my dealer told me..

the cost was around $500 complete... I thought it was pricey but I love the sound and also I lost NO space.

I have a standard cab and mounted the amps on back wall behaind the seats... looks clean and is not visible from outside...

Old 06-05-2006, 06:49 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Well since its been such a long time alot of new small companies have come out. IMO their products are muuch better especially for the price than main stream audio companies. A small company called Ascendant Audio has very nic 8's and are only 45 a peice. I HIGHLY reccomend them. http://www.ascendantaudio.com/assassin8specs.html
Good luck with the build man. Better give us some pics of the build tho!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
hukares

Rap generally has a lot of upper-frequency bass like say 50 to 80 HZ. It hits the best with many small subs. It's the guys who listen to Techno and Classical that need the bigger subs for that low, low end. I listen to most everything except rap and pop (includes all the new pop country). I usually go with a smaller sub designed for a small enclosure and put it in one that is slightly on the large side, sealed because accuracy is important to me. This lets the small sub play the low end with good response. The system in my truck isn't much but I don't drive it enough to warrant a big system. I have:

Infinity Kappa co-axials, pair 6x9's and a pair 5.25's. I chose these because they are 2 ohm and have a very high sensativity, 95 and 94db respectively. They are powered by an Alpine CDA-9833 reciever. This reviever puts out 26Wrms to 4 ohms, more than tha to 2 ohms but they are not rated for it. The reciever takes it well. For those familiar with Apline recievers, the sound level starts to become unbearable after 18 on the reciever which is only halfway up. For a sub, don't laugh, I have a single 6.5" sub. It can play to atleast the 120'd db range by itself and has a flay response to 15hz (below hearing) so it is no slouch. Check this link to see:Picture. You can read about the amp at the link too.

Quick Reply: audio question