2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Paint work in preperation for 408

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:02 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paint work in preperation for 408

damn indy that looks sweet. i swear the paint added 10 hp and 50 FTLBS of torque!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Tani1500
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that por15 does look damn good. i think im going to have to call my paint guy and see if i can get it in bulk and do everything. my axles and everything else is already undercoated but that looks ten times better.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:29 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

POR15 had special locks/clips holding the lid on that I had never seen before. (Im no pro) Label had a stern warning about not getting it on you, gloves, eye protection, incase of emergency, etc etc etc. I did get one or too tiny spots on hands taking my gloves off (wipe gloves with rag before removing) and it took a week to wear off. Good sign, now will it take a hit from a stone? Who knows, guess Ill find out, maybe Ill do a test piece up and let it dry and see what abuse it takes.

Ill be painting my diff/tubes as well. Trucks on jacks, currently concentrating on the parts for the motor so it can go back together. Lots of rain the last while has been slowing down my paint work.

Eastmans have a couple kits for DIY powdercoating. I like the Elite kit you get 5, 1/2lb standard paints, plugs, tape, powdercoaters handbook, gun and power source. If you have an old oven, or toaster oven you can bake parts in them (no cooking with them after) anything larger and you need a heat lamp. Oven method is very fast and the part can be installed as soon as its cool.

If you click the hobby kit there is a short video on powdercoating.
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...mType=CATEGORY

Quick Reply: Paint work in preperation for 408