2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MANY QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 03:29 AM
556fmj
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MANY QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERS

I've got a standard cab with a 5.9 and auto and have nudged the mileage (and power to boot) from high 12's (with the FIPK) up to mid 16's mixed highway and city, and I don't baby it at all. The biggest gainers so far have been gibson headers/ flowmaster exhaust (I installed them within a day of each other so I don't know which was the big gainer) which was about 2 MPG, hypertech power programmer gained me about 1 MPG, and the MSD 6A gained me another .5 MPG. I did, however, swap all the trans fluid (with the truck running in N method and adding fluid at the rate it gets pumped out) with valvoline synthetic atf+4, and swap the engine oil to durablend semi synthetic when I did the headers/exhaust, so I think some of that gain was from that stuff too. I just did a modified kegger/hughes throttle body install, and will post new MPG readings, although I suspect they will be a bit low because I've been hot rodding it around a bunch.

Quick Reply: MANY QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERS