2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

well crap.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 03:54 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: well crap.

working for the government of mexico.. i would expect tips too. the only way to pay the bills.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: crazy1snow

OH HELL NO. it's their job. they get paid for it. besides if i was to tip them it would be like six or seven dollars more!

i'm not paying that kind of cash for gas... only when out eating dinner.
Do they do any other service beside pump your gas, like check your oil, tire pressure, clean windshield, etc...? That is so bizarre. I can't stand to have someone else touching my truck. I would be so pissed if that was the only way you could get gas.

Are you allowed to change your own oil?

Old 07-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

ORIGINAL: crazy1snow

OH HELL NO. it's their job. they get paid for it. besides if i was to tip them it would be like six or seven dollars more!

i'm not paying that kind of cash for gas... only when out eating dinner.
Do they do any other service beside pump your gas, like check your oil, tire pressure, clean windshield, etc...? That is so bizarre. I can't stand to have someone else touching my truck. I would be so pissed if that was the only way you could get gas.

Are you allowed to change your own oil?
I was stationed in Seattle and spent a day in Oregon. On the way back, I had t o get some gas for my Karmann Ghia. The attendant didn't trip out too badly when I popped the hood (that's the only way to access the gas tank in older Volkswagens). And no, there were no checks of the oil, washer reservoir, tire pressure, etc. Just gas me up and then go.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:29 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

yup pretty much. sometimes they do the windshield. if you ask them they will check the oil level, fluid levels and that kind of stuff. never had one check tire pressure. i do the tires, and i change the oil and all the fluids.

and yes it is legal in oregon to change your own oil. speaking of which i need to do that again. been about 4 k... good ole napa synthetic. looks as good today as it did the day i put it in.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:01 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[/quote]
It is illegal for people in New Jersey and Oregon to pump their own gas.
[/quote]

uhm... why ?

Old 07-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

no one touches or leans on my truck w/ out my permission its my baby and my responsibility so i dont feel like fixing anything someone might screw up, i dont let anyone but my dad or mom drive it cause they helped pay for it and so it is theirs too if they want ..

that full service bs sucks wtf is with that?? watchout the customers might spontaniously get into a squirt gun war w/ the gas pump, i mean cmon thats the only way i see why they would put a full service only deal on the gas stations where u live lol

Old 07-13-2006, 10:33 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

hey it's not my choice.. i just live here.

ok so you know.... oregon has it's head up it's *** about a lot of things.

it's actually required by law that a "TRAINED" representative of the company (gas station attendent) must fill the gas tank.

i guess you could just call us oregonians STUPID while they were at it.

good grief it's not MECHANICAL ENGINEERING or anything that you'd actually need training and STUDYING to do....

hmm i wonder if they have a book on it.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:42 PM
RJlovesbeer
Rookie

crazy1...hah...ummm i have a feeling the guy whose carreer is filling your gas tank not only has no mechanical training, i'm sure his IQ and knowledege of vehicles couldn't add up to 1/2 yours. lol

Old 07-14-2006, 03:13 AM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

well thanks i appreciate the compliment but seriously my knowledge is limited to the truck. now give me differential equations, chemical formulas, thermodynamics, dynamic, controls, material science, mechanics of materials, physics, fluid flows, computer programming, or CAD design, and i'll show you something C R A Z Y!!!

yeah i only know what i know cause i've done it read it or seen it.

i would have to say that's why they are working there for minimum wage and i'm working for peanuts (slightly more than minimum).

Quick Reply: well crap.