2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Motors junk please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:54 AM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motors junk please help

I don't think it's low down unless they ask if there are any problems, If you lie to them then that is a shady thing to do. Honestly if I were you I would take it to a dealership and trade it in for something cheaper than what you're driving...

Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

many people trade in cars just because of a problem... they dont realize its usually cheeper to fix it than get a new car.

I heard along time ago that cars get lumped into 2 catagories when sold at auction... those that are in excellent shape and need minimal if any work and the rest. anyone buying it will know it needs work...

Old 07-13-2006, 06:21 PM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie

ORIGINAL: fiveliterbtr

ORIGINAL: ChaoticBastard

Thats why you are you and I am who I am.I wouldnt do it.Not everyone buying a truck has mechanical knowhow.Maybe a girl or an older gent whom never worked on a car in there life buys it.
So girls and older folks don't work on cars? Gimme a break...if there's people that naive in the world, I can't imagine them being able to drive a car or truck...anyone without mechanical knowhow looking to buy a used vehicle takes it to their mechanic/garage for an inspection, I see it every week. And if they don't, it's their own fault...what if this truck has some safety-worn front end part that the seller doesn't know about? The buyer takes it home and breaks a tie rod on the way, losing control and injuring someone...is the seller liable? Of course not, it's a used vehicle! It's not that hard to understand.

Is it justified that they get stuck with it because of lack of knowledge??
Get stuck with what? You're basing your argument on the possibility that the engine is gonna break...there's nothing to say that it will or won't...but like the above tie-rod comparison, there's no covering up anything...it has a noise that may sound the same for the next 75,000 miles...it's a used vehicle, people need to take responsibility for their decision to buy a vehicle without a warranty, and they need to take responsibility for not having it thoroughly inspected before buying it.
Thats not what I said.I said KNOWINGLY selling a car that has a fatal problem is low down and Dirty....BOTTOM LINE.There isnt anything left to argue about its wrong.There are problems that can be hidden.Like filling the crankcase with lucas or some other crap to quiet it down.The buyer would be unaware.And since it was done onpurpose it is wrong.If you sold a car and something you didnt know about broke.There is no way it is your fault.I sell cars and I have a damn good rep.I can smell the bad cars and trucks at auctions.There always the dealers who carry a bad name.And it doesnt bother them.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:48 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just how does a bad car smell? I've been around for 70 years and never knew that cars had a different smell when they were no good.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-13-2006, 07:32 PM
fiveliterbtr
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ChaoticBastard

Thats not what I said.I said KNOWINGLY selling a car that has a fatal problem is low down and Dirty....BOTTOM LINE.There isnt anything left to argue about its wrong.There are problems that can be hidden.Like filling the crankcase with lucas or some other crap to quiet it down.The buyer would be unaware.And since it was done onpurpose it is wrong.If you sold a car and something you didnt know about broke.There is no way it is your fault.I sell cars and I have a damn good rep.I can smell the bad cars and trucks at auctions.There always the dealers who carry a bad name.And it doesnt bother them.
Your opinion is the only correct one, I'm sorry I had the unfortunate experience to call you out on pure opinion...not the fact that the engine may never break!!!!!

This concludes my replies here, have a great day

Old 07-14-2006, 12:46 AM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie

Lets agree to disagree I suppose.

Quick Reply: Motors junk please help