2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

low end knock

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:05 AM
tireman_steve
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low end knock

well this is what i got I have a 99 Doge ram 4x4, 5.2 with 66k every time it cools down or i start it up in the morning i can hear an engine knock it goes away in about 10mins or when the oil warms up. it seems to come from the back of the motor by the distributar and down the edge where it bolts up to the tranny. i cant pin point the sound but i can hear it in the oil pan and up the back of the motor and also down by the base of the distributer. i cannot hear in in the block(im usuing a stethascope) it is very loud but almost goes away when the motor warms. i have tried different viscosity oils and lucas,mmo, and they dont seem to help one bit, thicker oil seems to make it a little worse, everyone says its low end and that where it sounds like. they say its a bad motor but im not convinced. i would love it for someone to help it would be greatly appricated

Old 07-21-2006, 02:55 AM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: low end knock

Flywheel, Torque converter bolts??wouldnt make much sense that it would go away after 10 mins if it was that.But worth a check.I would say if your oil pressure has ever been low,You most likely have internal damage and start looking for a new engine.Or a rebuild.

Quick Reply: low end knock