2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Holley throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 07:14 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: Holley throttle body

with a bigger cam, obd1, you wont have any learning going on. your next best bets are to open up the intake, cut the runners down and open up the injector bores, then clean up the tb opening some, there's a lip there. and get the heavy duty heads or the r/t's. your motor will really wake up at that point because those two items are your next bottle neck.

plus, one other thing is you can get a larger air filter. I went with a 6x8 round K&N and it made a nice difference in the upper end performance.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:31 AM
karkrazy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Holley throttle body

I not going to do anymore to the actual engine ( heads, porting, intake) until I rebuild it. Then I'm getting Edelbrock heads, bored .60 over with forged internals and mopar manifold. But thats a long way off. I might add a MSD 6AL and lower the gears from 3.55 to 3.90. I've got the 67 dodge dart to make into a true street terror( can you say a nitrous feed 402 stroker). This is just something to play around with in my spare time. Hey, Steve00ram360 you're on dodgetalk and a few other forums too aint't you? I believe we've messaged each other before.

Quick Reply: Holley throttle body