2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new tires and leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 AM
dwhipper61
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new tires and leveling kit

Yea.... The bumper was like that when I bought the truck a few years ago and it has been on my list of thing do to for a long time.............You know how that goes.

I read in another post that you used the 2" lift coil springs instead of the spacer. Was the spring install as easy as the spacer seems? Do you need to compress the springs to install them? I have not decided if I want to use the 2" lift springs or the spacer?

Old 08-09-2006, 04:54 AM
Tempsho
Professional

No, you dont need need to compress the coil to get it on. The install for the coil would be the exact same for the spacer. All you have to do is disconnect the sway bar, jack up one side of the truck, remove the shock, then install the coil or spacer. I went with the coil because I was able to purchase it pretty cheap through www.nsor.com (I am Canadian) and that way if the old coil was worn out, then this would be a good replacement.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Tempsho
Professional

double post

Quick Reply: new tires and leveling kit