2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

jackstands/floorjack

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 06:17 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jackstands/floorjack

hey im just wondering where yall buy jackstands for these trucks. since im not lifted right now (just bigger tires) i assume the jack that came with the truck will still reach, but the jackstands that are at autozone, napa, etc dont seem to be tall enough to support my truck while off the ground.

just wondering how tall yalls jackstands are and where you got them (unless you ordered them online, cuz i wanna get them at a store)

also for people who have 35 inch tires, just wondering if those tires raise the truck too high for the stock jack to reach?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional
Default RE: jackstands/floorjack

i got mine at sears, it lifts up to 21 inches, It lifted my truck up, the deal gave me two stands that will hold the truck up just enough to get the tires off of it, They are craftsmen jack and stands, good deal lots of use and no leaks, it lifts it up enough to get my 38s off,

BNB

Old 08-04-2006, 06:49 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

ha yea i imagine thatd be enough for mine then!.... thanx

Old 08-04-2006, 07:00 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

Got mine at Harbor Freight (got me a store right down the street). The stands are rated at 5 tons each (I got 4) and the jack is a 2.5 ton floor model (the bigger, roll around type ... 5' handle) but they have larger. I do my jacking at the axles and there's MORE than enough lift to get my 285's off. The stands are only on their second slot (I think they have 4 ... maybe 5) when the tires are hanging.

Whole set MIGHT have cost me $150 ... on sale.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:53 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

My jack is an aluminum racing jack from harbor freight. I also have an old steel jack. Both work fine for lifting pretty much anything off the ground. Heck, I jacked up a tractor with the aluminum jack.

My jackstands are chrome goodyear racing stands from Samb's Club. They were $25 a pair (which was an unbelieveable price). I bought 8 They're 7.5 ton if I remember right, and have a safety pin. They're VERY stout stands. The stands I had before that (still do, but I use them in the barn now) were 6 ton stands from harbor freight. Those worked well for many many years and hardly show any wear. They didn't have a safety pin though.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I got my jack at Sears. Make sure you get a full size one, I think mine lifts like 21 or 26". I got my jack stands at Tractor Supply Co. Its like a farming shop. They're 3 ton jack stands, and lift up like 26", maybe its a bit more then that. They're big boys

Old 08-05-2006, 06:11 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

cant remember on the jack stands... they are 4 ton though.. good enough for me.. and i just bought myself a new Craftsman racing aluminum jack... (big one) from sears for a b-day present to myself.. lol.. its nice .. 18" of travel .. as apposed to my crappy 12" ive been having to block to use it witch isnt safe at all..

Socha,, im wondering what model jack you have b/c the tallest one i could find was the one i mentioned above..from sears that is... unless youve had it for a while and is an older model

Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

bump cuz im wonderin the same thing shott is.......