2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cross drilled rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:31 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cross drilled rotors

If they didnt radius the chamfer could be as you mentioned, catching the pads

Old 08-23-2006, 03:12 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the rotors off and run a deburring tool over the holes. that will clean them up. if you can feel a ridge on the holes that's probably the problem. if you don't know what a deburring tool is... i can link it or something.

other than that.. i have no idea.... you might try to see if your wheels are balanced. that was giving me a HORRIBLE shake..

Old 08-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that what made ur truck a giant vibrator? my friends car shudders when he slows down from like 60 like his brakes heat up instantly and it just wants to grab

Old 08-23-2006, 06:54 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

well for the balnecing comment i checked to make sure all my sticker weights are still on... and therees no dirt marks indiacating any have fallin off.... yea i have a deburing tool.... icould go at them with that and see if it helps.. i think that link above for bear is right though.. i didnt know i was saposed to season the pads and rotors with drilled and ceramics.. i think ill start back again when i put new shoes on the rear and start tuning the rear drums (1ton cylinder mod) we will see what happens..

thanks guys for all the great input!!!! ill keep yall posted to see how everything goes

Quick Reply: cross drilled rotors