2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My Ride With The New 20" Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:36 PM
1RewdRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Ride With The New 20" Rims

....... maybe if you dropped it a bit and added all kinds of ground effects it would look a whole lot better ...... That rim/tire combination looks better on a 3rd generation, and for a reason. The 1st & 2nd gens were styled when lifts and big tires were the most popular, the 3rd gen ushered in a new body style that followed changing trends in the market, the "ricing" look. I'm gonna get slammed for my next comment but .................... the 3rd gen doesn't look nearly as good as the 2nd when lifted and fat-tired for that muscle offroad look so it plays both ways. Don't get me wrong, I like both, just trying to mix 'em up doesn't work that well. The elements fight themselves instead of working together. Around here we call it "puttin' **** on a boar hog". No hater here, peace.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:54 PM
ramchrgr88
Professional

i like it. i am saving up to do that as well to my truck, but i will be using teh 2006 20s on mine. they look terrific with an aggressive tire on them
my dad has the same rims you have on an 04 with some wrangler MTRs and it looks very good.

ignore the haters, i like it

Old 09-16-2006, 04:49 PM
okiemag318
Rookie

I like em. I just put 20's on my black '00 reg cab short bed, and I think it really sets it off.

1RewdRam:
The 1st & 2nd gens were styled when lifts and big tires were the most popular, the 3rd gen ushered in a new body style that followed changing trends in the market, the "ricing" look. I'm gonna get slammed for my next comment but .................... the 3rd gen doesn't look nearly as good as the 2nd when lifted and fat-tired for that muscle offroad look so it plays both ways.
I actually agree with you on that. Except for calling it "ricing". Big rims started on trucks, not little imports. But I think 2nd gens look better than 3rd gens when lifted, but I still think 2nd gens look good with big rims too. Although 20's aren't so big any more. If mine was a 4x4, then it would definitely be geared more for off road, but that wouldn't make much sense on a 2wd, so I went the other way and put on 20's. I figured most people on this forum were more for off road than street, so thats why i didn't post up about my 20's.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:18 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i like it dude!!! forget them haters! rims can make or break a truck and it looks like your rims made it! **** man .. atleast its better then stock..

Old 09-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Terran
Professional

Heeeeeellls yes [sm=bling.gif]

Old 09-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im not being a hater, but ****, if Dodge put those as OEM, what the hell were they smoking.. those rims aren't all that great. hell im not saying mine are any better, but overkill in size, and overkill in look, those spokes look like little pansy flower petals instead of a mean looking spoke. on any truck no matter the size of tire, no matter the amount of lift, a truck shouldnt have more than 18" rims,. anything over is into the 'pimp my ride' , and everyone should know that when their rides are 'pimped' it comes out worse than when it went in.

yes, its a matter of opinion, but 20"+ tires shouldnt be allowed on any vehicle, it is just overkill and alot more to be damaged.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:19 PM
stick1994
Professional

To each their own. I like okay. It's not my style but I wouldn't talk **** about someones ride just because you don't like it. You don't have to drive it. If everyone did the same thing it'd be boring. Atleast he's trying to be creative and somewhat unique.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:06 PM
tireman_steve
Rookie

everyone shouldnt be hatin around this thread its his opinion in style and everyone has theres ,no problem there, BUT when people start sayin anything over a 20' is overkill and what was dodge thinkin they look gay well your starting to go a little overboard if you don't like then just say so dont hate or argue with people. the Ram SRT-10 has 22's and 20's is that overkill i think not. anyways i like them i think they look good and i would like to get a set for mine. i have a question though is there anything you have to do to put them on. i heard if you have a 4x4 you need a front spacer

Old 09-16-2006, 11:11 PM
jalapeenoz
Professional

I like them and I may be in the minority but I like them shiny too. Never understood the whole " let's cover my truck/jeep in mud and filth so it looks cool." To each his own.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:58 AM
vsraptor
Professional

ive gotten used to the factory look of the 3rd gen with the 20"s. In fact the lower priced 3rd gens rams with the smaller wheels and tires kinda looks funny. In my opinion the oversized look of the 3rd gen, big head lights and big front end, just doesnt look right with out the 20" rims. Although they could have went with a different style, pansey *** looking flower pedals yes they are. And some more of my .02 thats why there so miny different brands with different siries with different styles becuase there is a market for individualality........

Quick Reply: My Ride With The New 20" Rims