2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gas mileaged

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 AM
Ramdamit98
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gas mileaged

ORIGINAL: The Burning Rom

But the thing you have to remember is that changing gears is around $500 PER axle. You'd be better off changing tires for that kind of cash...that is if you're not attached to the tire size you're currently running.
That's the main reason I still have 3.55's in mine. That and I'm only running 31's but I'm going to have to bite the bullet some time as I plan on going to 33's.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:34 PM
1RewdRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gas mileaged

ORIGINAL: The Burning Rom

Your tires actually ARE pretty large for 3:55s. But the thing you have to remember is that changing gears is around $500 PER axle. You'd be better off changing tires for that kind of cash...that is if you're not attached to the tire size you're currently running.
Very attached. I have a pretty clean look going, the only thing that sets the truck off is the tire/wheel set up. I get rid of that and it is too plain jane, I'm just not a skinny tire guy. All my vehicles have had the same look ...... clean bodies with only wheels and tires to set them off. I have a friend who owns an auto parts store says I can get re-geared from him for under three bills per. May sound like a large expense up front, but my current tires/wheels costs about $1,800 and figuring over the life of the vehicle it will pay off over time for the 5-600 (I usually keep vehicles 15-20 years). Any unity on a new ratio? BTW: Before I started any engine mods I got around 9 in town, 14-15 hwy ..... and that's with these tires. No leadfoot here either.

Quick Reply: gas mileaged