2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:10 PM
quadro
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fender flares

Does anyone know of a website that has good deals on fender flares. I have been looking all over and everyone has a differant price. I would just like to know that I am at least getting the best deal. Does anyone have any preferances between the differant makes.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:30 PM
1RewdRam
Default RE: fender flares

Been through this myself last February when I got my truck from VA and found out it wouldn't pass here in WV with the 1" of tire exposed. I decided to F*** it, change out the tires for the inspection then swap 'em back. You're right, prices are all over the place as well as looks and quality. Question: Do you NEED them or just like the look? Some look better than others but there is always the rot they can cause on your fenders................

Old 09-24-2006, 03:47 PM
quadro
Rookie

I,m pretty much putting them on for the look. I fixed some rust on the rear fenders already, and I didn,t want to pay to have painted exactly. The truck has 195,000 on it and that was the onlyarea with rust. just trying to keep looking as good as possible, as cheap as possible. I also think fender flares look good anyway, but I'm starting to think it would be cheaper to paint.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

Hey man just check out my gallery and you can see the Busch waker fender flares i put on i like them, little pricey but look nice. in gallery.

BNB

Old 09-25-2006, 09:50 PM
1RewdRam

If I get into any propblems with the law down the line I'll more than likely go with Xenon flares. Was only leaning towards them up until last week when I saw a Ram while I was Ohio that was running a set. They really do look more like they belong on the truck than others, plus have a tighter fight at the seam, but some people like the "look at my flares" appearance (eg:Bushwhacker, others). Gonna cost you though, especially if you want to paint them to match. Personally, I'd fix the rust right and repaint.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:08 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

im in the same boat.. my tires sticking out like to chuck rocks and stones down my pretty paint..but having a hard time finding pics of a ram regular cab short box with flares on it to stil make it look good..

post back what you find would ya?

Old 09-26-2006, 02:01 PM
1RewdRam

ORIGINAL: shott8283

im in the same boat.. my tires sticking out like to chuck rocks and stones down my pretty paint..but having a hard time finding pics of a ram regular cab short box with flares on it to stil make it look good..

post back what you find would ya?
Hey shott, I looked at your gallery. My tires stick out as much, if not more, than yours and my paint hasn't suffered. I have molded flaps on the rear but nothing up front. I AM going to get another set of molded flaps, cut 'em down a bit and install them up front only to keep crap off my nerf bars.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:12 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

man i cant believe yall want fender flares...... i LOVE the look of tires stickin out i just cant afford them

Old 09-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

hey muddy blue finally got those pics you wanted look in the gallery

BNB

Old 09-26-2006, 05:03 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

well if you saw the pics then you saw my driveway.. its like 3 acres of rocks.. its basically the style/design of these tires and ironcially the 3/8" pee crusher run that i have all over the place here really likes to stick in there.. andt hen get flung out when i get up to speed on the hardtop..

Quick Reply: fender flares