2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 11:35 PM
robert97dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help!!!

I got some time today so I went and stoppped by the local dealership and told the guy what happened and he said replace the crankshaft position sensor and that should fix it. He said they break real easy when the tranny bumps into them. So I did that and it fired right up perfect and smooth as can be. SO I let it run for a while check the fluid moved back and forth in the driveway and check the fluid again. THen when I took offf down the road the CHE light came on again. I drove about a 1/2 mile and turned around. Came back and check the fluid again and still good. It shifted good just to early. So I adjusted the TV cable. Drove down there again and shifted perfect. Came back checked the fluid drove down there again and when I came to a stop and then took off to do a u turn it wasnt in first gear. So I dropped it into first and it went no problem I drove back to the shop and fluid still looks good. Also another thing I noticed is that the tranny is whining when I slow down. I read the code and it is saying P1763 Manufacurer Control. Transmission. I am not sure what the means but it was just like that with the period after control. My speedometer is off a little bit so when I take off I have to get up to about 10MPH before the speedo moves but I have never had a problem with the CHE light coming on or anything like that. Any more ideas?? I am gonna go in there and cut that check ball out of the tranny line by the cooler and see if that helps anything. THat is about the only thing that I havent done. I did replace the cooler this past time and I am runnning a remote filter under the front bumper.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:11 PM
robert97dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started messing with it again last night and decided to go ahead and remove that check ball in the tranny line by the cooler and I didnt notice a difference. ALso I cleared the codes again and then as soon as I took the CHE light kicked on. Also I have figured out that even when I am at a dead stop if I put it in 1st it will go to 1st but if I put it in D it goes to 3rd. I can feel it shift twice and it hits 3rd every time.

Old 10-28-2006, 06:53 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

Isnt this the truck that already caught fire a couple of years back? if it is, your not showing it anything it hasnt seen already...

here is a possible fix for it but it sounds like your o2 may be dead. this would work for the front o2 sensor as it's resposnible for your mixture... go get a can of CRC electronic components cleaner and spray all the openings liberaly, it could be getting plugged up. i've done this on several cars and it worked every time. couple of other things to mention would be that since you just put in your tranny, you could have pinched or yanked out a wire in the harness.