2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what to do now

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:42 PM
helmsa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what to do now

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

cheep gas will do that to mileage. We use Chevron out here in CA and it is by far the best gas out there for us. That and Union 76. both my daughter & wife noticed mileage increases when they switched.
Just an update, because I said that I would give you one...So I filled up with Shell on my last 2 fill ups now...I only have 70ish miles on the second tank, but on my first tank of Shell, I noticed a 1 MPG increase over the previous tank and .6 MPG increase over the tank before that (both ARCO, cheap gas). I am giving you these two tanks, because I can verify the driving on these (which is listed in a second) and know for sure where I filled up...

Most of my driving is 15mi each way to and from school (about 3-4 miles of that is city and the rest is 55 mph highway) and a little bit of around town driving where my truck barely gets to operating temp before it gets shut off...the weather has been crappy on the last tank (shell) and I drove it pretty hard just because...I don't know where I fill up every time, but I am starting to keep track now...

Oh yeah...The milage was 12.9 which is actually a little bitt higher than average.