2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Inifinity Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:42 AM
Easttexasdragon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inifinity Radio

Hey Guys, Some Jerk decided he wanted my Inifinity Radio/CD and he tore my dash apart to get it out. Broke the Drink holder, Ash Tray, and all the parts of the dash that held the radio. I had to build an inclosure to house the new radio. After I got all the bugs worked out and everything fit, I bought a wiring harness adapter hooked it all up and guess what? I have no bass. The front speakers are fine but nothing but highs out of the back. I was told that this is because the Inifity had a built in amp........ Does anyone know of a way to fix my problem. If I remember correctly there is a relay somewhere that controls the Bass sounds from the back speaker. I think all I need to do is get power to that relay. But I'm just guessing.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 AM
Bran743
Amateur
Default RE: Inifinity Radio

Did you hook anything up to the blue wire that comes from the wiring harness you bought? Make sure your amp lead from your new radio is connected to it. I did the the same thing when I replaced the factory tape deck with an aftermarket CD player.

Sucks about someone jacking your radio. I went through that about a year ago with my ex's car. The lil' sob's broke the shifter too.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 AM
Bran743
Amateur

Welcome to the Forum too....just saw you where new.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:23 AM
Easttexasdragon

No I just read about that, And what pisses me off is I had the the wie harness digram from www.installdr.com that shows the blue wire is for the amp. I started to hook it up just out of princible ,so all the wires would be connected but at the last minute I changed my mind (Tired of soldering ends) so looks like tomorrow I will be taking out the radio again and attaching the blue wires.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:24 AM
Easttexasdragon

thanks Brian

Old 11-10-2006, 04:30 AM
Easttexasdragon

Not only did he mess up my dash, but broke my cell phone car charger, dropped my radar dectecter and stepped on it on his way out. The Police got my stuff back and the punk kid was 11 years old and used a pry bar and a claw hammer. What are they teaching our kids in School these days

Old 11-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Easttexasdragon

Great News, I hooked up the two blue antenna wires to each other and I have THUMP again. but I still have an old problem of the Relay for the factoryAMPs going off and on, Will Drive You nuts. I had to replace the Relay back in 2000 but I dont remember where it was located. If Anyone Knows please remind me. I post this problem in a Dodge Forum back in 2000 but It also is lost becausse I cant remember where. (Its Hell to get old)

Old 11-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Easttexasdragon

Well I decided to see if I could find the relay again..... I saw somewhere that the factory AMP was behind the glove box so I started there. Houston we have a problem....You cant get behind the Glove box. Once the glove box is out, The dash is solid from top to bottom with a tiny opening on the top right side with a couple of plugs showwing,Thats it. So I tryed turning the Head Unit off and on so I could listen for the relay click. I heard a click that sounded like it was coming from the behind the SRS Equipped cover located on the hump where the dash meets the floor. But I'm not sure its not just a echo coming from the Head Unit. I got pissed so I quit for the day before I damaged something. So Guys I still need your help...Got any Ideas?

Quick Reply: Inifinity Radio