2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

muffler ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Ryan99Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: muffler ticket

I live in WI if anyone was interested but from what I can find out WI does not have a decibel law so who is to say its to loud? There big point here is that I modified it to be louder then stock so that makes it illegal I told them the old muffler was shot so I had to fix it because in WI it is illegal to operate a vehicle with defective or leaking exaust so I asked him what I was suppose to do its illegal to drive it with the shot factory exhaust and aparently illegal to have a "fixed" exhaust. Oh well I will find out in a month or 2 when I go back to court I will post what happens incase someone is interested or runs into the same problem

Old 11-14-2006, 01:39 PM
asimpson97d
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am runing headers and 3 inch exhaust with no muffler in TN. They don;t say anything as long as your not being stupid with it, revving it up and getting on hard in town...I've had a ticket or two for that!

Old 11-14-2006, 02:30 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most Harley's with screamin eagles on them are 5x's louder than any modded exhaust on any truck, do they target bikes in your area also?

Quick Reply: muffler ticket