2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Next CRAZY mod idea ... need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Next CRAZY mod idea ... need help

ORIGINAL: 20dodgeram01

i hate tolls too dude.. when i get on 95 south i hit 3 TOLLS to just travel 50 miles!.. and now maryland is talking about putting another 1 up in my county.. i've pretty much stayed off 95 now untill i get passed all the tolls
Are you serious ??

I drive from Philly to Florida about 2-3 times a year and Maryland is the ONLY state along the way that has tolls on 95.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:11 AM
chief0299

I was a contractor for my local turnpike. The camera systems they use nowadays are a little different. The spray on stuff and the plastic covers only work if a flashbulb is used when taking the image of your plate. To get around this, toll collection equipment manufacturers use cameras in between 2 high wattage lights that remain on constantly. Multiple images of your plate are taken and a red filter is used to filter out a bunch of other crud. Here in this state (probably shouldn't announce which one), the highway patrol sometimes sits at the mainline plazas and watch for people doing this. Normally, if you run through the pass lane and you don't have a pass, you will get a notice and a bill for $25. The turnpike can make certain concessions with the state... back on track, using the switching plate will work for a while. The turnpike will catch on eventually if you use the same road, everyday, at around the same time. They will than ask that the highway patrol put someone there to watch out for you. If you do go and do it, make sure you flip the plates about 10 feet before, and switch them back at least 50 feet after.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:21 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: nihlcat

Unless I misread, you don't use easypass (as opposed to a manned toll operator) because it takes away thier job. Yet you want to find a way to cheat easypass and drive on through...by-bassing the toll operator. Seems contradictory.
Also, I don't know how it is in other states, but in Illinois, if you don't use their I-Pass thing, you go thru either an unmanned automatic one (throw-n-go) or a manned one and pay double the rate (typical I-Pass rate is about ~40cents, so to see a real, living person costs for ~80cents)

Old 11-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: dodgerules86

Also, I don't know how it is in other states, but in Illinois, if you don't use their I-Pass thing, you go thru either an unmanned automatic one (throw-n-go) or a manned one and pay double the rate (typical I-Pass rate is about ~40cents, so to see a real, living person costs for ~80cents)
Are you SERIOUS ?!?!?

Dude that is just plain WRONG !!

Old 11-17-2006, 02:44 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: chief0299

The turnpike will catch on eventually if you use the same road, everyday, at around the same time. They will than ask that the highway patrol put someone there to watch out for you. If you do go and do it, make sure you flip the plates about 10 feet before, and switch them back at least 50 feet after.
Yeah, I figured that so I wasn't going to use it on a regular basis even though I really don't travel on toll roads every day. I only use them about 1 or twice a week.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Scottr1110
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i live in IL to but i rarely go on the highway and when i go in my cavey i just blow them because its my aunts car from mich i never going to get a ipass also when my dad was still alive he had mastered the art of throwing the change in going like 40 through the machine never missed i got it to about 20 now

Old 11-17-2006, 12:26 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Go for it! WHOO! you dont even need a real plate, just get one that says DODGE loool. or F-U

Old 11-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: dodgerules86

Are you SERIOUS ?!?!?

Dude that is just plain WRONG !!

No. "Plain Wrong" is you getting on a soapbox about how "EZ Passes" supposedly take jobs from people, and then you're talking about BREAKING THE LAW by not paying toll.

Driving is a privilege, NOT a RIGHT.

I, for one, hope you use your little license plate flipping trick and get caught, ending up with a suspended license, community service, and a hefty fine. On I-44, in Oklahoma, it costs almost $10 to leave the state. The fine for running a toll booth is over $200 -- NO IF's, AND's, or BUT's. With a fake tag, they'll nail your *** to the wall.

You're a hypocrite and a thief.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:42 PM
nihlcat
Rookie

It's just distasteful. BTW, I'm sure everyone already knows this, but the name 'Sneaky Pete' is already used to describe a very popular discrete NOS. Been around many years.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/n...aky_pete_kits/

Old 11-17-2006, 01:48 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have to agree, If you don't wanna take the paytoll, go the longer slower route. Whats next..........robbing a bank because they charge you interest on a loan, tearing down stop signs because they slow you down on your way to work, or better yet, why don't you just speed through school zones. Your the type of idiot I get to scrape off the road every other week........................ no respect for driving

Quick Reply: Next CRAZY mod idea ... need help