2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Some A-HOLE broke into my truck and ripped out my ignition!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:03 PM
nmason
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some A-HOLE broke into my truck and ripped out my ignition!

if you can get the plastic housing fromt he dealer for $20 each id get it there. then its 100% clean.

as for an alarm, i live in the ghetto of my small town and have been wanting to get one for about a year now. weve had cars broken into in our driveway a couple of times before. im looking at getting a viper 2 way alarm system. costs a little bit more, but it included a proper professional install. i guess any alarm will be better than nothing, just make sure you get someone who knows what theyre doing to install it. my old bmw had a remote start installed by the prev owner and it was a total mess.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:09 PM
mopar98
All Star

I got a headache rack comin in a few days . I figure it will help w/ to prevent broken glass while carrying cargo
and improve the looks of my truck.
Sounds like it would be a good ant-theft device too may be u might want to look into one too.
Sorry about the bad luck.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:14 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: 97360SPORT
here in Texas after dark you can kill a person to protect your property and I probably would have.
i wish every state was like that, it'd put a stop to crap like this.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:11 AM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every state has that law as long as you can prove your life or lives of other were at risk, now if someone comes at you with a crowbar, its justifiable homicide, just remember and this comes from a law man, you never shoot to wound them....................

ORIGINAL: dhvaughan

ORIGINAL: 97360SPORT
here in Texas after dark you can kill a person to protect your property and I probably would have.
i wish every state was like that, it'd put a stop to crap like this.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:15 PM
nihlcat
Rookie

It would be around 3 years or more when this happened in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but this feller went onto his apt balcony and saw someone in his cab starting his truck. He killed him with a shotgun blast through the windshield. He wasn't charged with anything if I am recalling it correctly.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:44 PM
97360SPORT

This is true in Texas, I am a police officer here. Chapter 9 of the state penal code states that a person can protect life or property between dusk and dawn with deadly force. Such as theft, criminal mischief ect. The actor must show that he/she reasonably believes they would not be able to recover from the loss of the property. Several cases are documented, I have first hand experience handling oneof these. A man in El Paso was building a garage using cynder blocks an individual kept steeling them during the night. The man sat up one night with his 30-06 hunting rifle and shot him, killing him. The man was arrested and taken before a grand jury where he was no billed under the chapter 9 law. As bamory stated do not shoot to wound, shoot to stop the threat or the act in this case..

Old 12-08-2006, 12:05 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually there is great variation in state laws regarding both gun ownership, and general use of force in self defense and/or property protection. Georgia law is not as generous for killing criminals as Texas. Here we can kill in self defense, but not for property protection. Pity the poor folks in California or New York. I think those states require you to hand over your property and kill yourself if someone just asks.. As stated by others, if you have to shoot, shoot true and keep pulling the trigger till your empty. Dead men tell no lies.

"Georgia Right to Self-defense Act of 2006."

"(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another and does not have a duty to retreat when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such others imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23, a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

Old 12-08-2006, 12:17 PM
nihlcat
Rookie

"those states require you to hand over your property and kill yourself if someone just asks"

Ok, now that was hilarious!!! [sm=smiley36.gif] [sm=smiley36.gif] [sm=smiley36.gif]

Quick Reply: Some A-HOLE broke into my truck and ripped out my ignition!