2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aux. driving lights or silverstars?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:06 PM
1RewdRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fog lights or silverstars?

.......... plastic, glass...........both break, lol. Switch to plastic lenses for lights was made for cost, weight and Ralph Nader ......... plastic will scratch, yellow and dull ........... wish they made all light housings out of glass myself

Old 12-26-2006, 11:20 PM
cvec7
Professional

Well, the lightforces are supposed to be the shatter-proof ones, but either way, if a rock hits it, the plastic will flex some, yielding a much greater chance of no damage...the glass won't flex at all, it'll just crack at the least. And, with the lightforces, if the lenses ever do dull or anything, I can just get new ones easily because they have the interchangeable ones with the different light filters.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
theshocker
Veteran

I understand your concern about the piaa's. Just wanted to let you know I am currently running the piaa 510's and went with a company called euro dezigns for my headlights. I don't know if any one else has had any experience with these guys but so far my have been great. They offer a liftime warranty on all of thier bulbs. I have been running some headlights for over a year now with no problems. They are superbright, clear light with a hint of blue to them. When I first put them in they blew me away compared to the stock. I believe all of thier lights are $50 a set and that includes shipping.(at least that was the price when I got them.) It's worth to give thier web site a look, eurodezigns.com, I love the combo with these and the 510's, also got a set of 520's on my bull bar when it's really dark.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of Hella fog lights with glass lenses and then used some 3M clear bra to cover the glass. It works great and there's been no yellowing, melting or peeling.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:56 PM
xhausted

bestdeal i've seen so far are the pro comp 100 watt 5"x7" !they're like 35 bucks a piece, but i would definately recommend the100watt over the 55 wattthey flood out really well compared to the round lights thatjust throw a spot beam

Old 12-27-2006, 11:42 PM
cvec7
Professional

I've been looking at the pro comp lights, and am wondering about them. Now, to my knowledge, Pro Comp makes good stuff, but these prices are waaay low. 7" round HID lights for $60 a piece? 8" dia. 130watt non-hid's for $130 for a complete kit? Those prices just seem way too low and too good to be true... Can anyone comment on the Pro Comp lights?

Btw, I'm lookin on 4wheelparts.com ( http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/produ...dline=EXPLORER )

Old 12-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Chopper1
All Star

You could add a set of these. The ones that came on the 99-02 Non Sport. They are all over ebay.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29187/89BC75DA3F1E42B2BBB7DD4F1D4E751D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-28-2006, 01:48 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chopper, do those come with the wiring harness, relay and switch? My truck didn't come with them but I have the switch location and obviously the bumper holes. Are they really worth spending money on if you're getting aftermarket lights?

Old 12-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Chopper1
All Star

I haven't checked for the wiring. My truck came with the lights. It had the ones with the ridged lense, so I switch them out for the later style. Brighter than the original ones that were there. Any relay kit for aux. lights would work. These will not cause any legal issues. Not as bright as KC's or Hella, but legal.
I'm in the process of mounting a set of legal amber rectangle KC fog lights and not legal KC daylighters on the bull bar just for the hell of it.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:03 AM
zosoaol

I put in an aftermarket kit with wiring harness, brackets, relays made by pilot from the Dodge dealer. They did not hold up too well and I am looking to replace the lights but keep the wiring kit. Has anyone tried replacing the pilots with the PIAA's? if so which model fits?

Quick Reply: Aux. driving lights or silverstars?