2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Billy Lane crash....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Billy Lane crash....

lmfao, thats cute, so then spoons made rosie o'donnal fat?, honestly people take the friggin fall for your own actions dont be immature and try to place it or take it out on someone else...

Old 01-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Scottr1110
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ram_Sport Date 1/1/2007 9:28:45 PM
lmfao, thats cute, so then spoons made rosie o'donnal fat?, honestly people take the friggin fall for your own actions dont be immature and try to place it or take it out on someone else...

Agreed very much

Old 01-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Scottr1110

[Ram_Sport Date 1/1/2007 9:28:45 PM
lmfao, thats cute, so then spoons made rosie o'donnal fat?, honestly people take the friggin fall for your own actions dont be immature and try to place it or take it out on someone else...]

Agreed very much
i swear some people are looking for the easy way out, face it there isnt one.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Scottr1110
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is kinda like what i am going through with insurance i was making a left at a intersection i had the left arrow they guy blew the light and hit me and hes tring to blame it on me saing i hit him

Old 01-02-2007, 02:43 AM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie

I dont think if the guy who got hit by the truck is looking for an "easy way out" Billy Lane is solely responsible yes,Sueing Chrysler will not do him any good.But hell If I got slammed by some idiot driving a free truck.I would go all out too.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:05 AM
timwag2001
All Star

ORIGINAL: superdak05

big deal, billy is an okbike builder anyway, . tipicall drunk. he will proboblly try and use his fame for getting out of this one..
no, he is famous but hes not that famous. because hes in the public eye and hes not that big they'll probably, and should make an example out of him.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:06 AM
94RAM1500
Rookie

QUOTE:

But Kepler Funk, Lane’s defense attorney, has said that things are not always as they appear.

Yeah, especially when your blood-alcohol limit is more than
twice over the legal limit. DOH!!!

Old 01-02-2007, 04:42 AM
topsites
Professional

I got two things to add:

Americans have a terrible habit of seeing lawsuits as their winning lottery ticket, proven yet again when in the article it mentions 'suing for pain and suffering.' Now, I can tolerate suing for the costs (of say funeral / lost wages, whatever), but pain and suffering?

Pain and suffering...
My thumb hurts from playing GT4 on my PS-2, can I sue Sony for pain and suffering?
Oh, it hurts bad, the game is addictive and Sony knew that when they made it, I about got blisters, it hurts real bad see.

The problem is, pain and suffering can not be measured in monetary terms, so it is not unusual for juries to award ridiculous judgements to the plaintiffs. Judgements which we, the consumers, eventually eat (yeah because even thou a company makes money, they don't physically print it so it has to come from somewhere and this type of crap all it does is drive the price up and up and up some more!
So my issue is, if Chrysler loses a huge lawsuit, then all of chrysler's customers will be the ones paying for it!

That having been said...
Why in the *&%^ would someone at the Chrysler Corporation give a motor vehicle to a person that has a suspended driver's license? That is plain irresponsible, and I do agree if that is what happened, then there could exist a serious liability issue (then again I don't know the whole story, maybe the guy still had a physical driver's license and Chrysler doesn't run it through to dmv to see if it's valid, or some odd thing).

So, I'm not totally against the lawsuit, but the free money issue is another story.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:55 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: topsites

I got two things to add:

Americans have a terrible habit of seeing lawsuits as their winning lottery ticket, proven yet again when in the article it mentions 'suing for pain and suffering.' Now, I can tolerate suing for the costs (of say funeral / lost wages, whatever), but pain and suffering?

Because I done went through a *LOT* of pain and suffering in my life. If I just had $100 dollars awarded to me every time I suffered pain due to some unfortunate incident, I may not feel like I've won the lottery, but it wouldn't hurt my bank account balance either.

The problem is, pain and suffering can not be measured in monetary terms, so it is not unusual for juries to award ridiculous judgements to the plaintiffs. Judgements which we, the consumers, eventually eat (yeah because even thou a company makes money, they don't physically print it so it has to come from somewhere and this type of crap all it does is drive the price up and up and up some more!
So my issue is, if Chrysler loses a huge lawsuit, then all of chrysler's customers will be the ones paying for it!

That having been said...
Why in the *&%^ would someone at the Chrysler Corporation give a motor vehicle to a person that has a suspended driver's license? That is plain irresponsible, and I do agree if that is what happened, then there could exist a serious liability issue (then again I don't know the whole story, maybe the guy still had a physical driver's license and Chrysler doesn't run it through to dmv to see if it's valid, or some odd thing).

So, I'm not totally against the lawsuit, but the bs with the pain and suffering is another story.
My thumb hurts from playing GT4 on my PS-2, can I sue for Sony for pain and suffering?
pain and suffering is a completely legit reason......its jst alot off ppl try and take advantage of it.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:05 PM
1RewdRam

ORIGINAL: superdak05

big deal, billy is an okbike builder anyway, . tipicall drunk. he will proboblly try and use his fame for getting out of this one..
If you look closely at his bikes you will see they are pretty much junk. Prone to break down and fall apart.

If the guy on the bike had been riding one of Lane's creations .............. THERE would have been a great lawsuit.

Quick Reply: Billy Lane crash....