2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Billy Lane crash....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Billy Lane crash....

ORIGINAL: topsites

I got two things to add:

Americans have a terrible habit of seeing lawsuits as their winning lottery ticket, proven yet again when in the article it mentions 'suing for pain and suffering.' Now, I can tolerate suing for the costs (of say funeral / lost wages, whatever), but pain and suffering?

Pain and suffering...
My thumb hurts from playing GT4 on my PS-2, can I sue Sony for pain and suffering?
Oh, it hurts bad, the game is addictive and Sony knew that when they made it, I about got blisters, it hurts real bad see.

The problem is, pain and suffering can not be measured in monetary terms, so it is not unusual for juries to award ridiculous judgements to the plaintiffs. Judgements which we, the consumers, eventually eat (yeah because even thou a company makes money, they don't physically print it so it has to come from somewhere and this type of crap all it does is drive the price up and up and up some more!
So my issue is, if Chrysler loses a huge lawsuit, then all of chrysler's customers will be the ones paying for it!

That having been said...
Why in the *&%^ would someone at the Chrysler Corporation give a motor vehicle to a person that has a suspended driver's license? That is plain irresponsible, and I do agree if that is what happened, then there could exist a serious liability issue (then again I don't know the whole story, maybe the guy still had a physical driver's license and Chrysler doesn't run it through to dmv to see if it's valid, or some odd thing).

So, I'm not totally against the lawsuit, but the free money issue is another story.
Basicly what i am saying, these people are looking for ez money....

Old 01-02-2007, 02:13 PM
ddog737374
Professional

Idont know about that RewdRam iv seen some of his bikes and they are crazy and off the wall he is great at his work might not be the smartest when it comes to driving butI think the only resone you think they are crap because of the biker build off on Tv when they only have a week to build them. so in one week what do you expect

Old 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM
1RewdRam

...... have seen his stuff in person.....go to daytona and sturgis........his bikes are flimsy rattletraps

Old 01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
ddog737374
Professional

you also have to take in hand choppers are not made for the ride they are made for the looks if you want a bike you can ride comfortably in buy a harley.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:14 PM
topsites
Professional

pain and suffering is a completely legit reason......its jst alot off ppl try and take advantage of it.
Ok, agreed.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:27 PM
1RewdRam

ORIGINAL: ddog737374

you also have to take in hand choppers are not made for the ride they are made for the looks if you want a bike you can ride comfortably in buy a harley.
Rode a '74 FLH Hydroglide since day one new up until two years ago ............ money is waiting to be spent on a Suzuki Hayabusa as soon as I find one I like. Lane's bikes are prima donnas. He's about low to mediocre as a builder. I DID see the build off where he burned his *** on the fender/exhaust ........ Do choppers look good? Yeah, some. Do they ride and handle well? Subjective, mostly no. I wasn't impressed the times I road them. Lane screwing up? Priceless. Too bad someone had to get hurt.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:24 AM
JarheadX
All Star

this is all just a bunch of crap, he drives drunk, he hurts sum1 else he should be responsible for it

Old 01-03-2007, 03:30 AM
ddog737374
Professional

yep you have to take responsibilities for your actions.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Terran
Professional

guys.

1. This took place in september.

2.Chopper are made for both looks and the ride. Just because lane does some shoddy work doesn't mean all of chopperdom is back, although i was never one for these highdoller choppers, i think they're all pretty dumb. They go against everythign the chopper stands for. Just a bunch of kids getting rich off of older people with money to spare.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:35 PM
sharx ram
Champion

ORIGINAL: 1RewdRam

ORIGINAL: ddog737374

Rode a '74 FLH Hydroglide since day one new up until two years ago ............ money is waiting to be spent on a Suzuki Hayabusa as soon as I find one I like. Lane's bikes are prima donnas. He's about low to mediocre as a builder. I DID see the build off where he burned his *** on the fender/exhaust ........ Do choppers look good? Yeah, some. Do they ride and handle well? Subjective, mostly no. I wasn't impressed the times I road them. Lane screwing up? Priceless. Too bad someone had to get hurt.
I think what you meant was "too bad the wrong person got hurt",,,why is it its always the innocent ones that get hurt.

Quick Reply: Billy Lane crash....