2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wall of Fame/Wall of Shame

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wall of Fame/Wall of Shame

What do you guys think about doing a Wall of Fame/Wall of Shame sticky post to put the names of companies that we had very good experiences with and companies we would never use again. This can be manufacturers of parts, resellers of parts, or service places. This would give others some idea of who to deal with when looking for various parts and/or services. Or, if they hear about a company they want to do business with, they can look them up in this thread to see what others said about them. Just a thought. Let me give an example. I have two Wall of Fame's:

Dan Arcand -aka The Fastman -
www.thefastman.com
Maker and seller of Fastman throttlebodies. Extremely helpful, answers all your questions, and stands behind his product (which is excellent quality I might add). Knows tons about making power out of Magnum engines too, and is more then happy to share his knowledge.

John Mercedes - Southeast R/T / Southeast Performance
www.southeastrt.com
www.southeastperformance.com
Mopar Perforamace parts supplier, and the expert on Harland Sharp rocker arms. He spent days answering my questions about which rockers to get, why, etc. He even gave me his cell phone so I could call him on the weekend in case I had problems with my rocker install. That's service! I have bought a lot of Mopar Performance products from him and his prices are always competative.

Let me know if you think this would be a valuble thread.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
hasersys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wall of Fame/Wall of Shame

That could come in handy!

I've got one. Not to dis Walmart or anything but I've had issues with getting things done on my truck there. Usaly i would do it myself but when time is a factor somtimes its faster. I had them braek my air box but i couldnt prove it because i didn't notice it untill a month later. So i suggest checking over the work after its been done there. Not that you shouldnt anywhere els. Also I have had family an friends tell me about them striping the threads while screwing the bolt back into the oilpan.

I am also interested in what headers to get or not to get for a 5.2L

Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Dodge ram it
Rookie

"Dan Arcand -aka The Fastman -
www.thefastman.com
Maker and seller of Fastman throttlebodies. Extremely helpful, answers all your questions, and stands behind his product (which is excellent quality I might add). Knows tons about making power out of Magnum engines too, and is more then happy to share his knowledge."

Agreed on that, very helpful, great customer service, and great product!! Def. would buy from time and time again.

Unhappy experience:
360 Air Intakez, it was two years ago when I bought their CAI set up for a 98 5.2L Dak, and it was horrible! Poorly designed parts, ceap feel, long wait, and expensive. Switched to K&N....

Old 02-01-2007, 02:16 AM
badram1500
Veteran

my wall of shame induction is for Phenoix reman trans. A terrible company w/ lousy customer service and shady biz practices. 3 hours on hold, just to be told to go f*&K my self[:@]. Ran a post about these guys before just thought This thread would be a good place to let any new guys/gals know.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:28 AM
nateblong
Professional

Wall of shame.. Almost any Stealership, granted there are a few excellent mopar techs out there, but usally the hungover 19 yr old making $9 (while your getting charged$60),with oil changing experiance is the one who gets the keys to change your plentum gasket, tranny, or head gasket. and I am not just talkin out my ****. I worked for a dodge dealership. It happened all the time where I worked. Great idea Silver Dodge.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is no lie with walmart with there oil change.. we had a few that had strip threads from the drain plug...

Old 02-01-2007, 04:32 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had good luck withjcwhitney.com , amsoil.com

Old 02-01-2007, 12:24 PM
hasersys

www.Jcwhitney.com I've had tons of good buys from there when we were doing up my broncoe.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same for Summit Racing. They have always been good for me. Free shipping if you go ground, and they take stuff back no questions asked.
https://www.summitracing.com/

Old 02-01-2007, 02:04 PM
moparrtguy
Veteran

Damon at moparpartz.com has been very helpful when ever I have ordered factory parts. Their pricing is isn't bad either.

Quick Reply: Wall of Fame/Wall of Shame