2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

White out accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM
jscherencel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White out accident

Over the weekend I got into an accident and messed my front end up, not too bad but I need a new bumper among a few other things.I was driving through a white out over the weekend doing25 when a guy in a new 300m was stopped on the freeway.I rear ended him and blew out his rear window, made the trunk into a sub compact trunk and pushed him into the ditch.Theguy was fine but pissed about his new car. Also his car was white,blended in with the snow realnice.This is the third time I've had to have issurance buy me a new bumper/front end. A huge chunk of pavement put a 5" dent on one side of it, a deer took it out a second time and now this. I want a bumper that wont get messed up to easily, something like road armor but a little cheaper. I talked to the body shop and they said they can work something out but i need to stay in the range of the insurance money amount.

So where are some good solid bumpers that you guys have found that I can start looking at? Thanks for the input

[IMG]local://upfiles/1176/0FD41107D35D4D00BCF722689530D478.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Ballbeerfish
Rookie
Default RE: White out accident

Don't know but I wish you would of got a pic of the car..[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 02-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

http://www.roadarmor.com/ra3/dodge_trucks.html

Serves him right for stoping on the road

Old 02-06-2007, 06:09 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran

fabfours.com
buckstop.biz
are a couple more, but I don't know if they've got stuff for your truck and I like the road armor stuff. I'd like to replace mine as well before I smack something ... or ... a parked car in the middle of the road.
That thing 4x4? Drive in the median! [8D] JK, 3 deductables would have paid for a new bumper already. Let us know what you do and why.

Hey, noticed you're in GR, how much snow have you got? I've been thinking about taking the 4wheelers out to Cadillac area but want to know how much lake effect you have.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
jscherencel

Right now I've got a good foot and half out on the porch. ButI'min the middle of a small woods so there's more once you get out in the open.I love that we finally got some snow, but it still isn't enough for me. The more the merrier. Yeah it is 4x4 with a new set of General Grabber AT2's love them in the deep stuff. But won't stop my truck fast enough when theres a car parked in front of me!

Sorry I don't have pics of the 300m I only had one pic left on the memory card so snapped my truck.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Bob5150
Rookie

You could try getting a brushguard. I have one on my truck, and while I've never beenin an accident, it looks like the guard would take the brunt of the damage.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:45 PM
xyzik
Rookie

http://www.arbusa.com/bull_bars_deluxe.php

how about some ARB Bull Bars?

Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
jscherencel

Well I brought my truck in yesterday and the total damage was 3300 and cents. I talked to them about putting in a road armor bumper and they looked at the numbers and said that it wouldn't work out. The guy said that if the cost of all the bumper work was the same as the bumper than they could swing it. The cost for the OEM bumper was close to a grand, so I would have to find a sweet deal on one. So if anyone knows where I can get one for that much let me know.

I am looking at a bull or push bar to help out, the next time I get into an accident. I did contact Road armor about their bumpers and the sales manager said that if I was to get into another accident and the bumper was to get damaged they would replace it. I thought that was a pretty good waranty.

"Thank you for your interest in our bumpers. I can do the Stealth front
bumper for $1588. This includes black or gray powder coat and our life time
guarantee against breakage. This means if you get in another accident and
damage the bumper we will replace it. We are 4-6 weeks out on all orders.
The front bumper only weighs 127lbs so you wont need to do any modification
to the front of your truck. Let me know if you have any other questions or
would like to place an order.

Natalie Gile
Road Armor/OverKill Eng
Sales Manager
541-228-3218

Iam getting the 99 fog lamps instead of the 98 ones. So I'm glad to be getting the better ones. I am getting new head lights because one of the adjusting tabs broke off. I want to go and get the sport lamps from 99+ models, but what type of wiring harness am I looking at? The shop said we can make changes as long they don't exceed the aloud money from the insurance. Or I can pay for the extra cost.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:50 PM
AnotherBlueRam

I am looking at a bull or push bar to help out, the next time I get into an accident.
Careful what you ask for, alot of these aftermarket bumpers are great (aka: too strong). You'll end up FUBARing your frame & totaling the truck

Old 02-09-2007, 12:29 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

they've tried to make brushgaruds and heavy duty bumper illegal here in NY for a few years now.. and from what i hear they are trying this garbage across the country

just food for thought.

Quick Reply: White out accident