2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking for plastic clips to hold the door panels on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:29 PM
05SilverHemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for plastic clips to hold the door panels on...

I need to replace the plastic clips that hold the door panel to the door itself. These are those funny plastic screw looking like things that hold the door panel to the door.

So I called the dealer and they wants $2.75 for them and I need all 26. Has anyone found them at a parts store? I checked in my area and could not find one that would fit. If anyone knows where to get them please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for plastic clips to hold the door panels on...

I have bought other makes like Ford etc at autoparts stores, some stores have like a help section that has little parts for vehicles in packages. I think the actual name on the packages is HELP, could vary from store to store, try advanced auto- autozone.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:50 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

Any auto body/paint shop will have them. The previous poster is correct about Autozone type stores having them, but usually they are only a few per pack, or come in an assorted variety.

My 95 uses two different sizes.

Good luck with your ride.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:16 PM
05SilverHemi
Veteran

I checked AutoZone and Advanced. They have a bunch and one style that looked similar to the Dodge ones is what I bought. They hold the door panel close to the door but not flush against it. When you pull the door shut it has a good amount of play in it.

Tomorrow I will call around to some of the auto paint shops to see if they can find em. I found an old thread where someone was looking for a set. Then I was able to find that company online and sent them an email. They sell a pack of 50 for $9.99! If it comes down to it I will grab the ones from Dodge but only if I have to!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:22 PM
joeyp1974

for small stuff like that i allways go to dodge,there are so many little clips like that its hard to find the right ones. going to dodge just ensures that il have the right parts and they are probablyt realy cheap even from dodge.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
05SilverHemi
Veteran

ORIGINAL: joeyp1974

for small stuff like that i allways go to dodge,there are so many little clips like that its hard to find the right ones. going to dodge just ensures that il have the right parts and they are probablyt realy cheap even from dodge.
I figured they would be inexpensive. However, they are $2.75 each and I need to replace all 26 of them. That's just under $70 for plastic clips.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that sounds like a lot for you. Too bad it isn't a Honda. I bought extra Honda door panels a few years ago and most not all but most of the clips were good on them so I have some of those but I don't have any for Dodges.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:16 PM
05SilverHemi
Veteran

I found them aftermarket from a paint supply store. Got a box of 25 for $4.60. That seems a little more reasonable to me.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:13 PM
05SilverHemi
Veteran

The retaining clips that I got are made by:
Auto-Fastner Group, Inc.
L.S.P. Products Division
Augusta, N.Y. 41002

P/N: 794-1926

These are suppose to be for a Ford but they are the same dimensions. They also make the ones for the Dodge but this place did not have any in stock.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-19-2007, 07:16 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.autobodytoolmart.net/c-545-clips-pins.aspx

dont overlook that you can scroll through 5 more pages of clips and retainers.. i have their magazine sitting in front of me... easier to look at.. i dont see any "dodge" or "DC" clips.. but they do have alot of ford style that the guys above mentioned will work just fine.. for instance,, "Fore Door Panel Clip OEM" P/N-9867 and assuming of the description says 25 for 5.94

Quick Reply: Looking for plastic clips to hold the door panels on...