2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hypertech or B&G Flash

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 AM
kikidbird
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hypertech or B&G Flash

It has to be fuel related, compression and ignition has been beefed up, except for the fuel system. Stock fuel pump, stock injecters, stock computer. At idle she runs fine, when I accelerate she runs OK, when I hold it open and steady, she stumbles. I have been checking it with the timming light and it fluctuates. The B&G 408 Flash is for beefed up cams and injectors. Im missing the injectors, Im going to replace the injectors, and check it out. If the problem still persist, then I will continue with the flash. It was a good troubleshooting day here in Los Angeles, in the rain.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:59 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Some 4 wheel drive magazine did a similar buildup on a ram while back. If you search under Jinxy Dodge, I think you'll find some links. They went with a big cam and a bunch of other mods, and had to finally go from the stock injectors to like 24 lb ones. Sorry, don't remember the specifics. One of thier biggest hurdles was the fact they could NOT get a flash or performabe PCM for a '96. Something about the first OBD11 systems...
B&G can do custom flashes, but you need to find out if they can for your truck. You'll get better results from a flashthan with a programer, which is designed to tune certain parameters on stock or near stock trucks.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:08 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read this thread ... might be a bit of help: https://dodgeforum.com/m_701048/tm.htm

Doubt if the injectors are not up to the task. They already deliver 23.2 lb/hr. The guys at B&G should be able to shed some light on whether the program can handle the cam or not.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:27 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: kikidbird

It has to be fuel related, compression and ignition has been beefed up, except for the fuel system. Stock fuel pump, stock injecters, stock computer. At idle she runs fine, when I accelerate she runs OK, when I hold it open and steady, she stumbles. I have been checking it with the timming light and it fluctuates. The B&G 408 Flash is for beefed up cams and injectors. Im missing the injectors, Im going to replace the injectors, and check it out. If the problem still persist, then I will continue with the flash. It was a good troubleshooting day here in Los Angeles, in the rain.
I have to ask...is this phenomenom occuring while the vehicle is parked or being driven?
You don't need a lot of fuel(or air)to rev an engine without a load...

Old 02-23-2007, 03:14 AM
kikidbird
Veteran

In park she idles fine, I rev her up slowly and she is good, If I hold her rev steady then she starts to act up. At idle she is good, no rev, I shift into any gear( load applied) she act up and stalls. It seams to me, when load is applied and demanding more fuel, its not getting it. I need time, patience and friends from Dodge Forum to get over this hill. Thanx Yall.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to PM RM_Indy and pick his mind on this, too. The guy knows a LOT about hardcore modding of these engines.

Quick Reply: Hypertech or B&G Flash