2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Fuel Ijectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
kikidbird
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Fuel Ijectors

I installed new fuel injectors on my truck. I could not find high performance injectors for Dodge. After doing research, the Ford Racing Performance Fuel Injectors 24#s pn# M-9593-A302 fit as well as the Dodge Injectors. I did notice a difference in performance and no check engine light came on. Although I still have the problem when shift into any gear she idles hard and stalls. My next step is to send out my PCM to B&G to get it flashed.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 PM
05SilverHemi
Veteran
Default RE: New Fuel Ijectors

Call me crazy but I would dig deeper before sending your PCM out to be flashed for that problem. Sounds to me like there is another issue with the truck.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Bigschwerm
Professional

ORIGINAL: kikidbird

I installed new fuel injectors on my truck. I could not find high performance injectors for Dodge. After doing research, the Ford Racing Performance Fuel Injectors 24#s pn# M-9593-A302 fit as well as the Dodge Injectors. I did notice a difference in performance and no check engine light came on. Although I still have the problem when shift into any gear she idles hard and stalls. My next step is to send out my PCM to B&G to get it flashed.
i have 24lbford racing blue tops in mine also and yes you need to send your computer out and get a flash....you are problably down 30-40 hp. with out the flash...send David at B&G a full list of your mods and he will flash your compuetor to get the most of the mods you have...

Old 03-23-2007, 10:43 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i think he's going in the right direction.. if you read his mod list.. his stock PCM is deffentaly not happy right now...

and if you dont mind me asking .. how much did your .030 over run ya.. and did they do a complete service on the block or just the punch? and could you explain the "knifeblade" first time ive heard that term used for a cam.. also.. im curious to why if you spent the time and money to punch out the cylinders why did you go witht he stroker kit? your motor is the direction that im looking to go..

Old 03-23-2007, 11:10 PM
kikidbird
Veteran

I sent out my PCM out today, and I will be getting it back next week. I included as much information as I can. My girlfriend was using my truck and somehow she overheated and killed the engine. I did alot of research before I began the OH. Alot of tricks on Hot Rodding came from " How to rebuild Mopar Magnum, Auto Math Handbook, Engine Blueprinting, Horsepower Handbook, How to Hot Rod Small Block Mopar Engines". I wanted to take my time and do it right, this has been a 14month long project, and it has been alot of fun. I didnt overhaul my engine, I blueprinted it. I did every trick in the book to squeeze out as much horsepower as possible. One of the tricks is to make your cranckshaft lighter, and that is why you remove the flashing, knifeblade it and then send it out for shotpeening. The knifeblade cuts through the oil which there is less foamand better lubrication. The book also states to upgrade on the PCM, and this was the last step I have not done. When I first encounted the problem I have, I checked everything, and it was all good. The only thing was the computer was still stock.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Chopper1
All Star

You have probably checked this, but is it possible the torque cconverter lock up switch is bad/stuck and staying locked up. Had this issue on my dads car and every time you come to a stop it would try to stall the engine. If it isn't stalling the motor will.........

Old 03-24-2007, 05:20 AM
kikidbird
Veteran

I checked it and it was good. I did all the checks and it was all good. The PCM doesnt know how to react with all the mods, it has to join the rest of the group.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:00 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is hard to find good information on fuel injectors.

Back in 2003 the US EPA wrote that they did a big test of all available fuel injectors because they would looking for a set to retro-fit to a VW TDI engine to run it on ethanol. The EPA said that the Holley built fuel injectors gave the best spray droplets in their test.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...46392_-1_10299

warning: the article below is full of 'geek speek'

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/presentation...02-01-2743.pdf

this old article stored in the Google Internet Archive has good info on fuel injectors:

http://web.archive.org/web/200106101...ectioninfo.htm

Old 03-24-2007, 12:01 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It would be good if a moderator would change the spelling in the title of this post so that searches would find it correctly.

Quick Reply: New Fuel Ijectors