2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air intake / throttle body clamp question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:32 PM
ackernackt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air intake / throttle body clamp question

I recently bought a 1995 Ram 1500 5.2 with manual transmission. The previous owner had installed a cold air intake but didn't do it right and it ended up breaking so I'm replacing it with a Kool Vue 1000 series intake. Everything mounts great except that it needs the OEM clamp to attach to the throttle body. The previous owner threw it away. I tried a generic hose clamp but it's too tall, it doesn't hold the housing down onto the body. By calling a dealer I've found the OEM clamp is 53032106AA but I don't have a picture of it. Can anyone provide a picture or description of this part? I live on an island in Alaska (no local dodge dealers) and so I have to order the part. I just want to make sure it's the correct part.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:10 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ackernackt
I recently bought a 1995 Ram 1500 5.2 with manual transmission. The previous owner had installed a cold air intake but didn't do it right and it ended up breaking so I'm replacing it with a Kool Vue 1000 series intake. Everything mounts great except that it needs the OEM clamp to attach to the throttle body. The previous owner threw it away. I tried a generic hose clamp but it's too tall, it doesn't hold the housing down onto the body. By calling a dealer I've found the OEM clamp is 53032106AA but I don't have a picture of it. Can anyone provide a picture or description of this part? I live on an island in Alaska (no local dodge dealers) and so I have to order the part. I just want to make sure it's the correct part.
Clamp? The bottom section of my 96 stock airbox had 4 spring clips (IIRC) attached to it (couldnt be removed) on the bottom holding it to the underside lip of the tb. If adding an aftermarket cai or open 14" filter pretty well everyone uses an S bolt that screws into the top of the tb between the blades & goes up through the tb hat with a wing nut ontop.

Can see the S bolt sticking up through my tb hat in this pic of my 408 & where it screws into the tb in pic below. My S bolt came with a K&N 14" fipk many years ago. Most guys make them from 1/4" rod with 20 thread.
edit, added S bolt dia below

Last edited by RM_Indy; 04-03-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:18 PM
ackernackt

Thanks for the info. The S bolt is the part that broke off of the housing. It broke flush with the tb and when they tried to removed the bolt they messed up the threads.

Any other options?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:33 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Oh crap, well thats a bit of a problem then.
Probably best to remove the tb, drill small hole in the S bolt & try an easy out to remove it. If you have a compressor, Id be sure to spray it with air real good to get any metal filings out. Then just make a new S bolt & get a wing nut for it. Hard to see but I used a nylock nut on the bottom of the S bolt. That way I can position it at the right angle it needs without screwing it too tight into the bottom of the hole in the tb which could break it off like in your case.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:37 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

If you want some more power, could order a Fastman ported tb & send the core to Dan if you dont have whats needed to remove it.
Fastman does supply everything you need with the tb & it will give a nice gain in performance. I had one of his tbs on my mild 360, well worth the money for me.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:55 PM
GC99RAM
Professional

My gosh!! Look at that engine AND you have a Procharger on it. That's something that I need in my truck

Old 04-03-2010, 05:02 PM
yakkier
Banned

yea indy puts alot of cash into his ride, too bad shes a trailer queen!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:05 PM
ackernackt

So the OEM part that I'm looking for says it's a "clamp". Do you suppose it's just a normal hose clamp? I'd rather not pay and wait for a common host clamp.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:08 PM
yakkier
Banned

Hey did you ever get my email last night, i wasnt sure which email address to reply to.

Originally Posted by GC99RAM
My gosh!! Look at that engine AND you have a Procharger on it. That's something that I need in my truck

Old 04-03-2010, 05:25 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ackernackt
So the OEM part that I'm looking for says it's a "clamp". Do you suppose it's just a normal hose clamp? I'd rather not pay and wait for a common host clamp.
Was wondering that too. Mopar does sell a cold air kit for the rams so is that part# for an S bolt & wing nut to hold that cai tb hat down? I would call the dealer to confirm exactly what that part is before accepting it.

Quick Reply: Air intake / throttle body clamp question