3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

3rd Gen Dakota Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 PM
MitsuRaider
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dimitry03
what rims are those. i absolutely love those rims!
i like the red trim on the wheels

Old 04-07-2012, 01:25 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MitsuRaider
Took a couple of pics this weekend that I liked

Frenicx your set up is super clean, very tasteful mods
Thanks brother, didn't see this message before.

Your Raider looks pretty good from the front. I actually like the Raider look more than the Dakota look, especially the front end. Yours even more so, with that ominous intercooler lurking behind the grille....

Old 05-05-2012, 03:17 PM
shiby3041
Amateur

Hey fellas/gals,

I just joined the forums so I figured I would post up a few pics. Just picked this 05 up in Tucson AZ about 2 weeks ago. I love the truck super nice.

It has a 3" body lift, 2" leveling kit, Window visors, black door trim, Muffler delete, 3 1/2" chrome exhaust tip, Roll in bed liner, Woodgrain dash is painted, nice hitch on the back, chrome fender flairs, sitting on 33" pro-comp tires on 17" pro-comp wheels and I think thats about it for now.

Plans to stay with the black on blue theme. Going for small black push bar up front, Black tube side steps, Black headlight housings, Black tails/third brake light. And the chrome fender flairs are going to get some bushwacker extended flairs.

I hope I get to talk with a few of you, and NICE looking trucks!

Here she is as of now:

DSCF5567.jpg

DSCF5578.jpg

Old 05-05-2012, 03:21 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker

Paint the grill and fender flares body color or black and that's one helluva truck! Nice monster stickers I got a silver one too

Old 05-05-2012, 08:26 PM
MitsuRaider
All Star

here is a pic I liked
blackandwhite.jpg

Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shiby3041
Hey fellas/gals,

I just joined the forums so I figured I would post up a few pics. Just picked this 05 up in Tucson AZ about 2 weeks ago. I love the truck super nice.

It has a 3" body lift, 2" leveling kit, Window visors, black door trim, Muffler delete, 3 1/2" chrome exhaust tip, Roll in bed liner, Woodgrain dash is painted, nice hitch on the back, chrome fender flairs, sitting on 33" pro-comp tires on 17" pro-comp wheels and I think thats about it for now.

Plans to stay with the black on blue theme. Going for small black push bar up front, Black tube side steps, Black headlight housings, Black tails/third brake light. And the chrome fender flairs are going to get some bushwacker extended flairs.

I hope I get to talk with a few of you, and NICE looking trucks!

Here she is as of now:
Great color! You have my body color bumper that I want so bad lol. Yea, I'd for sure replace those fenders, and paint that grill and it would be perfect.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:36 PM
shiby3041
Amateur

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
Paint the grill and fender flares body color or black and that's one helluva truck! Nice monster stickers I got a silver one too
Thanks! I had an older 1st Gen Dakota with the 318 in it and it got the monster stickers as well. I had to on this one. Goes well with the blue.

Originally Posted by FrenicX
Great color! You have my body color bumper that I want so bad lol. Yea, I'd for sure replace those fenders, and paint that grill and it would be perfect.
I was happy that it had the body color bumpers as well. Just cause im not a huge chrome fan. But dont get me wrong the chrome looks good as well, just need more chrome to go with it.

But your right the fenders are gonna go for some thick black ones. I need em anyways the tires stick out just enough to allow rocks to hit the side of the body and I hate that. Makes me grit my teeth every time I hear a rock hit the side of the truck from pulling out of a side street.

The grill will go black as well once I get the side steps, fenders and push bar.

Thanks for the comments!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 PM
MitsuRaider
All Star

I like the wheel offset, what size spacers are you using?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 PM
shiby3041
Amateur

I like the wheel offset, what size spacers are you using?

I thought there were sapcers as well, however I had the tires off last weekend looking at the brakes and there are none.

The wheel is an 17X8 Pro- comp. I believe our lug pattern is 5X5 so my best guess is this:

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...0073&plID=3635

says:
-0mm offset
4.5" backspacing

for the wheel. Does that sound right? Cause the whole off road lifted look is all new to me. Im here to learn

Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
shiby3041
Amateur

here is a pic I liked

BTW I freakin love the Intercooler hiding behind the grill there. Looks sick, Ill bet that is a fun truck

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Dakota Photo Thread