3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

what you all do for a living.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 08:06 AM
dodgedad80
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garage door guy/ warehouse manager for Lifetime Door Company

Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by fourpointseven
Ive been a welder for 3 years and recently just got in the Ironworkers Local 764 as a welder..

fabracation, nothing beats it.
Nice to see another brother on here. lol. It takes skill to make art out of metal. BTW I am out of LU 60 Syracuse NY.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:54 AM
smitty21
Professional

Im a helicopter pilot on the Bell 206, and current working as a boeing 767 pilot for a charter Airline.

Been a garage mechanic for the last 12 yrs

Old 08-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Akizzle

Was a jet mechanic for F/A-18 Hornet and F-14 Tomcat before decommission, and a Bodyguard/Chaplain Assistant in the Navy! I'm now a certified car mechanic which i do just for fun, but my daily job is a Civil Engineer specializing in Transportation!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:29 AM
ballsout
Professional

im a bus driver for the city in ottawa, canada and do basic repairs and maintenance on my truck....been driving a bus for just over 6 years. I may have the chance to go into the garage to be an apprentice truck and coach mechanic with the same union but would lose all seniority and i really enjoy being able to finish work by 2pm most days instead of working overnights as a mechanic for the next ten years

Old 08-07-2011, 01:50 PM
gjmoran
Captain

im a telecommunications and it engineer. install, service, maintain mitel/intertel/shoretel phone systems, provide remote support in a noc setting (network operations center). i have my bachelors in computer science as well

Old 08-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a Developer at a company that makes back office software for large financial firms. Doesn't sound exciting but it's actually quite interesting (well most of the time, lol). Not much transfer over to working on the truck unfortunately (well till I get around to cramming a computer in the dash ).

I did work for my dad's company doing electrical before college (commercial/industrial, no residential) and that helped for mechanical aptitude but even when I was a kid I was the one taking everything apart.

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
I sell Computers. at Best Buy, I've done it for 4 years and i'm damn good at it. i've got an associates degree in computer networking systems. I also do freelance computer repair. deliver furniture, shade-tree mechanic, carpenter, welder, and an (internet) ordained minister (I blame beer+Google). oh and professional beer and whiskey taster.
That's quite the list there, I'm curious how beer + Google results in ordained minister, lol. Have to say though, you must be the only person selling computers at Best Buy that actually knows anything about them. At the Best Buy's around me I practically get a headache just listening to what they're saying to try and sell the computers.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:22 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

Plumbing, heating, air conditioning, do it all, also restore cars for fun at home, ive got a little of everything under my belt!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:24 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Altair
Have to say though, you must be the only person selling computers at Best Buy that actually knows anything about them. At the Best Buy's around me I practically get a headache just listening to what they're saying to try and sell the computers.
I agree, wish stephen worked at my local best buy..i always say, the best defense is to be a well informed consumer...i research thoroughly before making any big purchase....

Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I agree, wish stephen worked at my local best buy..i always say, the best defense is to be a well informed consumer...i research thoroughly before making any big purchase....
i love customers like you cause you come in with the latest copy of consumer reports and all the models in it are out dated by the time it's published. i practically get off on this.

I also like to tell people that like to flex their wallet and talk to me like im a piece of human crap and that should just give them discounts cause i should, NO!!!

nothing personal.

Quick Reply: what you all do for a living.