3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

The truck Dodge should have built

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 03:02 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Awesome job on the truck all around, great work.

And if you could start on a set of those bumpers for me, my truck would really love it.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:03 PM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

here here...ditto on the bumpers and the side step.

Old 11-02-2022, 11:13 AM
Gnail84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EVguy
Finally getting ready to sell the Dakota. Have it all stripped down tidying up things that never got finished or just didn't look tidy.
Have the new ISB170 and Allison on the floor ready to rebuild for the next project.
This build will have more power now that there are a few upgrades for these available. Bigger turbo, cam, ECU tune and injectors. Just need to come up with a truck to stuff it into.

did you ever sell it? I would be interested in buying it if you still have it.

Old 11-03-2022, 01:09 PM
EVguy
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gnail84
did you ever sell it? I would be interested in buying it if you still have it.
I did sell it a couple of years ago and built this: https://www.********.com/threads/ram.../#post-2279970
The problem with buying a modified vehicle from Canada is getting it through customs so I'm told. Even just the upgraded bumpers would be a problem because they can affect crash standards never mind what the EPA would say about the engine swap. ;>

Interesting, looks like this forum does not allow links to competitive forums? The ********* should be ram forum but all one word.

Last edited by EVguy; 11-03-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2022, 02:43 PM
Gnail84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EVguy
I did sell it a couple of years ago and built this: https://www.********.com/threads/ram.../#post-2279970
The problem with buying a modified vehicle from Canada is getting it through customs so I'm told. Even just the upgraded bumpers would be a problem because they can affect crash standards never mind what the EPA would say about the engine swap. ;>

Interesting, looks like this forum does not allow links to competitive forums? The ********* should be ram forum but all one word.
yeah, i get what you are saying. I had an older modified car shipped from Canada several years ago and had to jump through some hoops, but it would have been worth it for this truck. Awesome build and well thought out.

Quick Reply: The truck Dodge should have built