3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

I hate orlando

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM
mb18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I hate orlando

I think your receiver might be bent. It certainly looks it to me.

Does all of FL have to get new plates every 3 years? That's absurd. We get new ones every decade or so. I have a custom tag (we're allowed to have plates thru our college's alumni association, so I have a Lebanon Valley College alumni tag), which I'll keep for life. They'll send me a new plate every 10 years with the same number in the new design.

I hope you have some luck tracking the guy down through body shops...doesn't seem too promising though.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:36 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Kerrbear219

Florida in general is terrible!! My parents live on the west coast and did you know that you have to get a NEW PLATE (new number and all) every 3 years!!!!!!
That is such a waste of money! I have had the same plate number (which now belongs to my hubby since I needed a combo plate for the truck) since I as 17.
You have to get a new plate every 4-5 years and if it is custom it stays the same but if it is a regular one they just give you one they have in a stack, its so people cant run tags that arnt readable and beat up.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man, that sucks. Its the opposite extreme up here by me, Im in NY and in my area we got ppl commuting to the city, and comming down from upstate NY, so we got the rich snobs who drive expensive cars, which in turn makes them think they have a special license that allows them to run through reds while breaking the speed limit, or speed through turning lanes or merge lanes to cut off others, all the time. No one takes there time over here. Funny story though, once I was riding with my friend in his SRT-4, who does the speed limit by the way, and some riced out BMW M3 speed up to us at 90mph easy (in a 45) and gave us the thumbs down shaking his head, then blared by us at about 110mph+, right past a cop sitting in a used car lot. When we finally caught up to him and the cop, the cop had his weapon drawn point blank, and the kid was crying in fear. Funniest thing Ive ever seen. I guess the cop considered him SUPER reckless and dangerous to have drawn his firearm. Kid deserved it though he could of killed someone.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

Here's a good one for you. In Lancaster County, PA...where my parents live, one of the main four lane highways is U.S. 222, also known as Lancaster County's autobahn. They often do speed traps there, and if you're doing 90+ your name is getting published in the paper. The record speed on that road, though, was a guy doing 134 and made it from Lancaster city to the Denver, PA area in 4 minutes (12 miles) before the police caught up to him. He'd just gotten the car (an older Porsche) back from the shop and wanted to test it out. He lost his license for a loooooooooooong time.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

How true, Orlando is such trash. My mother lived for awhile in St Cloud, I hated to visit there. However it is just as bad in Austin TX for people with out insurance. I had a dumb B**** side swipe my jet skii trailer with some riced out mazda 6 and want to run. I pinned her in with the trailer and truck, but of coarse didnt speak english, or at least not at the point. Just bent the fender down a bit, wasnt worth trying to get her to pay, I just pulled forward to run the rest of the trailer up her door, I figure I left her with 2k in damage, cost me a can of spray paint to fix the trailer.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:10 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I hate it even more now, just got my project smashed

Old 04-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: turbot_bird

I hate it even more now, just got my project smashed
The trailer you were working on???? Why would someone smash that? [sm=smiley13.gif]

Old 04-04-2007, 07:29 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I put it in the other thread.

Quick Reply: I hate orlando