3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

I hate orlando

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:33 AM
jimboscomp
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I hate orlando

wow that is a hilarious site!!! can we join forces and make one for Los angeles too!?!?! haha Except..here...we get run off the road by Ferraris and Escalades. There are tons of vehicles out here that are ricers, rich jerks, and anyone else who thinks they bought the freakin asphalt we all drive on. People down the street from me, the kind you hear at 3am in the morning reving their 4 banger civic as if it's some type of muscle car...

Old 04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

today, I was geting off the tunpike on to the 429 and a girl in a bug I guess thought I wasent geting on the onramp fast enough and flew around me and then swerved vilontly back into my lane, I pushed my brakes to the floor and pushed the horn as far as it would go and she still only missed my bumper by about 4 inches.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:37 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jimboscomp

wow that is a hilarious site!!! can we join forces and make one for Los angeles too!?!?! haha Except..here...we get run off the road by Ferraris and Escalades. There are tons of vehicles out here that are ricers, rich jerks, and anyone else who thinks they bought the freakin asphalt we all drive on. People down the street from me, the kind you hear at 3am in the morning reving their 4 banger civic as if it's some type of muscle car...

I like to play with those people with my t-bird, now I just need a hy-35 off of a cummins......

Old 04-09-2007, 12:57 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ya

Old 04-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: turbot_bird

nothing on the truck or trailer, I found a crack on the hitch coupler and it might have bent my recever but thats it. not sure if the crack is from this though.

does it look bent to you?
That crack is older fatigue crack.
You need to replace that coupler now.
Don't try welding it replace it.
Once metal is fatgued it will continue cracking even after welding plus it may fail completly with out warning.

PSThat ball addaptor does look bent but I don't think it was from the accident because the forward push required to bend it with only 2" ov leverage would have ripped the locking shoe right out of the coupler first.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I know the crack is old, it is rusty on the inside of the crack but the hitch, ive never been hit with a trailer before so I dont know why it would be bent upward.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: turbot_bird

I know the crack is old, it is rusty on the inside of the crack but the hitch, ive never been hit with a trailer before so I dont know why it would be bent upward.
It might of been that way since new and you just didn't notice it. The punching or welding process could have warped it.
I was just saying that the moveable locking shoe that contacts the back lower side of then ball would have ripped out of the coupler long before enough force would be applied to bend the ball addaptor.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:06 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

thats what I thought at the time too, just didnt remember the hitch looking bent before.

Quick Reply: I hate orlando