3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Doggy Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Doggy Dakota

Well I don't remember if it has the wiring harness without going out to check but I know it has a hitch (Hidden hitch style, the bar is tucked up under the rear bumper) and it definitely has the larger heated mirrors so I'm going to assume it's a tow package. I definitely wouldn't say mine seems "doggy" at all, whether tow/haul is on or not so to the OP there may be something up with your truck. Mine goes pretty well, even with the 3.55 gearing and it's completely stock right now, I wouldn't think the quad cab would be a big enough weight difference from the club cab to be that noticeable.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Casper50
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: king beer

ORIGINAL: Casper50

Mine has plenty of passing speed on the highway and doesn't need to downshift out of O/D on the highway to gain speed, and I'm a mile above sea level where the air is a lot thinner. I have the 4.7, 5 speed auto, 4x4, and 3.92 gears. Maybe it's because it has atri-diamond emblem on it instead of the ram head emblem.
uh, call me crazy but i think it's those 3.92 gears you got.. it's got to be in the powerband more with those.. my truck is a pooch yet.. but, the ol' 05 only had a hair over 6700 on it tho so i guess it's not broken in yet..
Crazy!!! I just did it because you told me too!

Anyway, you guys with the autos and 3.55 gears, what RPM's are you running when you are cruising on the highway at 65 mph? Mine rides around 1800-1900 RPM when I'm holding 65. I have a hard time thinking that it would be a lot lower with the 3.55's so it's just a curiosity question that king beer made me think about. Tire size is also going to play a huge factor in this as well. I'm running 265/70/16 so if you have that size let me know what you're running at.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:08 PM
king beer

ORIGINAL: king beer

Mine has plenty of passing speed on the highway and doesn't need to downshift out of O/D on the highway to gain speed, and I'm a mile above sea level where the air is a lot thinner. I have the 4.7, 5 speed auto, 4x4, and 3.92 gears. Maybe it's because it has atri-diamond emblem on it instead of the ram head emblem.
uh, call me crazy but i think it's those 3.92 gears you got.. it's got to be in the powerband more with those.. my truck is a pooch yet.. but, the ol' 05 only had a hair over 6700 on it tho so i guess it's not broken in yet..
Crazy!!! I just did it because you told me too!

Anyway, you guys with the autos and 3.55 gears, what RPM's are you running when you are cruising on the highway at 65 mph? Mine rides around 1800-1900 RPM when I'm holding 65. I have a hard time thinking that it would be a lot lower with the 3.55's so it's just a curiosity question that king beer made me think about. Tire size is also going to play a huge factor in this as well. I'm running 265/70/16 so if you have that size let me know what you're running at.
I got the bigger stocktires with the 3.55's.. i'm running right around the same rpm's as you. It just doesn't seem that motorhas anyguts below 2700 rpm... The only thing I did to it is add the K&N CAI... It was always a pooch though from day 1.. It IS faster than my old intrepidES autostick though..

Old 04-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Casper50
Veteran

Yeah, I definitely feel a lot more power when it hits right around 2700 RPM but I still don't think it's as bad as everyone says. The only real complaint I have is the front suspension. That's strange for me because I am very picky about my vehicles. Another small complaint that I have is thatmy wipers don't have a mist mode. You have to turn it on then off instead of just hitting the mist button if you want to clear the window of a little bit of water.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:28 PM
RonnusTwo
Professional

after months of neglecting my truck, I finally decided to give it a wash and check the tire pressures.... all four tires were down in the 20ish PSI range... after I filled them up to around 38 PSI my truck feels like it's faster and a helluva lot more responsive. i didn't realize how much I was losing from mushy tires.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

How'd you get a mist thingy? Mine doesn't have one. I'd like one.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:32 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has one!!!!! :-)

Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

mine has it too, just hit the washer button real quick and it flicks the wipers 2 or 3 times then stops them, if i want spray i just have to hold the button in yours should all have it, i would htink it was standard by now on all the new trucks???

Quick Reply: Doggy Dakota