3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front end bounce

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:49 PM
dakoduh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front end bounce

So does anyone make shocks for the rear end yet? Seems like I'd read where you can get them. I'm afraid to put any weight in the back of my truck & go very far, I'm sure the handling will be beyond bad[sm=scared09.gif]

Old 04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dakoduh

So does anyone make shocks for the rear end yet? Seems like I'd read where you can get them. I'm afraid to put any weight in the back of my truck & go very far, I'm sure the handling will be beyond bad[sm=scared09.gif]
You'd be surprised. It actually does pretty well when you have a good bit of weight in the back, or are pulling a heavy trailer. The backend seems to sag a some, especially with heavier loads/trailers, but the performance is still there, as long as you drive responsibly for what you're hauling.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:51 AM
CalTruck

This question may have been asked before, or the idea already explored, but what about the shocks on the Durango? Are they interchangeable with the Dakota front shocks?

Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
daary

Interesting [:-]. I looked up the 2006 Durango "N" Vin (which was about 60 % of manufacture) and Edelbrock is showing the Performer IAS 33416 on the Front and the 34416 on the rear....good question, since MANY of the parts are interchangable (as I see from my neighbors 2006 Durango 2WD), wondering if these little bad boys would work as well. Not sure if it is worth the chance with 1 more quarter to go and others coming out with shocks (especially since the whole set would cost $340 + State rip-off).

Another intersting "oddity" is that for the rears on the Durango you can get Rancho RS17000's for about $79 each, hmmmmm, just might have to pony up some of the government "gimmie" money to check those out. They both show "0 Inch Lift / Drop" on them as well, so that may be a factor here for using them.

Quick Reply: Front end bounce