3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Want real world input. Jet Chip.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Want real world input. Jet Chip.

for our motors port and polish is a waste of time. if you big internally then it is a necessity. but if you leave the stock bottom end why bother. so you get more air into a stock combustion chamber. then what. just get the cams and a throttle body and you will be fine. b & g has a fantastic flash for 400.00 when you get the parts installed

Old 04-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, thing is, I'm trying to go with most power and MPG at the same time....

Someone told me that adding the TB will destroy my mileage... I'm planning on driving it a lot this summer... so I need to have someway to save mileage... if I can't I'd rather take power... but if I can, how can I do both?

Old 04-18-2007, 02:39 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

frenchy frenchy frenchy...that IS the question. it's called sacrifice. OH WOW this CAI gives me more h.p. AND gas mileage...OH WOW this exhaust gives me more power AND gas mileage... THIS throttle body and THESE tires and THIS bed cover yadda yadda yadda. It all boils down to you either mod your truck for power or you dont. your not gonna get the speed you want and increase gas mileage... you can only keep it in the same zone. if you dont supercharge, nas, or turbo it...you're fine if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Want real world input. Jet Chip.