3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Very Predicable

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Predicable

Toyota overtakes GM in global vehicle sales
Quarterly data indicate GM will have tough fight to keep top position

Updated: 2 minutes ago[/align]
function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) {
var n = document.getElementById("udtD");
if(pdt != ' && n && window.DateTime) {
var dt = new DateTime();
pdt = dt.T2D(pdt);
if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,(('.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true) );}
}
}
UpdateTimeStamp('633130131095070000');
[/align][/align]TOKYO - Toyota Motor Corp. became the world’s top auto seller in the first three months of the year, passing rival General Motors Corp. for the first time, the Japanese automaker said Tuesday.
Toyota sold 2.348 million vehicles worldwide in the January-March quarter, company official Satoshi Yamaguchi said, surpassing the 2.26 million vehicles that GM said it sold during the same period.
The results mark the first time Toyota has beat GM in global sales on a quarterly basis, he said.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:29 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Default RE: Very Predicable

I wish Chrysler would do some things to get back up there in the running... but I doubt even if they made major changes they'd be able to compete for long with these asian automakers. I just wish Chrysler would revoke their thinking that "The coupe market is dead". I also wish they'd offer True Manual Transmissions on all of their cars/trucks... well most... I mean they don't offer a manual on alot of their cars. But that's just my opinion.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrysler needs to come out with some new and innovative stuff if they want to stay competetive.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:43 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

That too

Old 04-24-2007, 11:45 AM
mb18
Record Breaker

Just a thought here, but the market is really turning towards small, economy cars. Chrysler needs to have something there. The Caliber/Compass/Patriot really aren't that small....especially compared to the Yaris/Fit and can't come as a sedan like the very popular Corolla and Civic. Nor are those little cars/CUVs really that fuel efficient or well powered, which is what people want.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:05 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

OH yeah I definitely agree... but thats what happens when you get a 1.8L I4 pulling a large car... I don't think I've ever mentioned this but if my uncle hadn't found a employee lease turn in club cab with a manny tran then I'd be driving aournd in a Dodge Caliber R/T manny.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:10 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

Everyone I've talked to (mostly my Dodge mechanic friend) say that the Caliber is terribly underpowered, no matter what engine. The Compass is ugly and underpowered. The Patriot looks nice, but has the same power problem.

The Avenger/Sebring aren't too bad overall, from what I hear, but are a lot larger than your standard small, economy car. A bit larger than the Corolla/Civic even.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yeah I've also heard that a Charger with a V6 gets better gas mileage than the Avenger with the V6.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:41 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

Gotta be honest, that surprises me a little. I would've thought it would be the other way around, with the Charger being heavier and all....but, lo' and behold, you're right...I checked Dodge's website (not that I didn't trust you).

That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:33 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

odd, I agree I would have thought that too. I don't know, Chrysler needs to look at things that Toyota and the other imports are doing, and sort of go the same way, while incorporating their own style to things. Like when they got rid of the Neon and went to the Caliber, isn't it bigger than the Neon was? Some people like the small small cars...not me personally lol

Quick Reply: Very Predicable