3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Bed / Tailgate Caps - Whats the best kind??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bed / Tailgate Caps - Whats the best kind??

havent seen one in person, but buy a BedRug and.....

Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
nowick
Professional

thats super nice but i use the bed daily and it gets all kind of nasty wouldnt want to get that dirty

Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

well actually, if u get a topper or a lid, its excellent....its not actually carpet, its a plastic fiber and is actually verry though....battery acid wont hurt it, ive hauled and shoveled gravel out of it...had blood from hunting in it ect....all that before the pic that was taken...the **** is tough actually...and it wont hold water....if i didnt have some sort of top, eventhough they say it will stay in...id be hesitant

http://www.bedrug.com/experience/

Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 AM
nowick
Professional

can you hose it off? would grease stain it ? I want it how much, does it just go over the liner thats in it?

Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ive hosed mine out....like i said, water wont seep through...dont believe me, go to their site www.bedrug.com and order a free sample....when u mess with it you might think it wont be that tough, but it really is....and it goes in on the bare bed aka no bedliner between it and the paint...it can come out in sections or as a whole if u want...heavy duty double sided velcro tape hold it in

there is a limited lifetime warranty if u have the purchase reciept...u can get it for around 300-350 installed since most places include install on their price for this...

i WOULD NOT install it myself, your bed needs to be perfectly clean with acetone ect which removes all impurities and wax from your bed...id have them install it so if there is a mess up, its their fault and they will take care of it

Quick Reply: Bed / Tailgate Caps - Whats the best kind??