3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rancho Quick lift shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:15 PM
pro4x4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Quick lift shocks

Just went to gorancho.com and they have a new shock called the quick lift. You get 1 to 2.5 inches of lift. I just emailed them to see if they are going to make them for the05 and up dakotas. I will keep everyone posted.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Default RE: Rancho Quick lift shocks

I saw that in a mag for the new chevys and was wondering the same thing

Old 06-03-2007, 11:31 PM
LB
Veteran

I just e-mailed as well, I suggestEVERYONE do it to show the need!

We need NEW/DECENT SHOCKS!!!

LB

Old 06-04-2007, 03:30 AM
texasbluedak

Already emailed them about a month ago and the rep said no go for our Daks. He said possibly in spring of 08'! Sucks that our trucks are completely ignored for any kind of offroad accessories. Finally found a guy about 60 miles away that is willing to measure front, back, and sides for custom made steel bumpers and steps. He's also going to do the headache rack and bed rails. There are some post here about the TM 2" leveling kit. I think Monkeywrench has it already, if I remember the person correctly. He seems to be going to same way as me with our trucks. I also think it was him that posted an awsome pick of Gen III Dak that was lifted and had big tires without it being too high. Probably was a custom built raise since that seems to be the only way to get it done. I'm lookin into doing the TM 2" level and then add 2" blocks front and back. That should keep the level look I want with a small lift as well.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:30 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

texasbluedak, thats really the only way to go. Its been working fine for me for about 2 months or more now. the tm leveling kit and the 2" blocks ride pretty decent, and makes the truck look much larger. I tried 1" blocks mid-way through the whole process, and it just wasnt high enough in the rear, so I have NO idea how people use JUST the tm leveling kit. Its gotta look to low in the rear.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:27 PM
swampy

the leveling kit looks good, if used with lift it looks better, i plan on doing the 2" leveling kit, and PA 3" body lift, but the idea of having the frame showing isnt too appealing to me, so i think i will put step bars to kinda hide it, also being as my truck is red do yall think stainless step bars, or black? also i seen a dak today on my way to work, it was a gen II and it was single cab small suspension lift, awesome paint job, it was like flames fading away to like a digital flame the kind that looks like it breaks away into a bunch of little squares, evidentally a lot of money went into that truck............................................. ............Swampy

Old 06-06-2007, 12:09 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah true. I wanted the PA body lift too, but I have a stick, and I would either have to notch the floor pan, or weld in my own custom shifter extension. Thats a bit to much modification on a daily driver for me. Also I feel like as the truck got older and I had to start pullin things like the starter or somthing, I wouldnt get the clearance I was supposed to have with the engine sitting in a different spot. lol who knows. Its to risky to me.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:50 AM
swampy

monkeywrench, i heard somewhere that, you could just use some threaded tubing to extend your shifter from inside the cab, and not have to cut or weld, not sure but yeah, uhhhhh mine isnt manual shift, so i dont know, but thats what i heard........by the way i saw your pics of your truck a while bace, n i c e..............Swampy

Quick Reply: Rancho Quick lift shocks